Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | No picture just red cross top left

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

No picture just red cross top left

Old 28-11-2004, 13:23   #1
Mike
cf.mega poster

Mike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful one
No picture just red cross top left

Hi all

Any idea why some pictures do not appear on my PC...............just get a small red cross in the top left of the box.

Regards

Mike
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-11-2004, 13:38   #2
MindTrix
Inactive

Services: Ntl
MindTrix is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: No picture just red cross top left

Usualy its to do with sever issues, like the website is going really slow so the picture doesnt load, or your pc connection is going really slow and it doesnt load.

I had it once where this happened and found deleting temporary internet files fixed it.
MindTrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2004, 15:14   #3
Mike
cf.mega poster

Mike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindTrix
Usualy its to do with sever issues, like the website is going really slow so the picture doesnt load, or your pc connection is going really slow and it doesnt load.

I had it once where this happened and found deleting temporary internet files fixed it.
Tried deleting TIF but still no picture !

Any other ideas
Old 28-11-2004, 15:23   #4
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

just some not all ???????? , have you tried a ctrl f5 to force the cache ??????? , if not does a different proxy help
paulyoung666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2004, 15:40   #5
Mike
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyoung666
just some not all ???????? , have you tried a ctrl f5 to force the cache ??????? , if not does a different proxy help
The site I am going to is my homepage which is a (index.htm) page ....but still coming up just as a cross tried ctrl F5 no luck !
Old 28-11-2004, 15:43   #6
AndrewJ
Inactive

AndrewJ has a nice shiny star
AndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny star

Also have you checked for spyware,malware and all them recommend programs are Adware and Spybot 1.3 which compliment each other.

Spybot 1.3

Adware Se

Hope they help, also run a full system scan for viruses.

Another thing I once had this issue with a website turned out to be my firewall ( yes it was nortons ) just try to access it without the firewall running, if its happening offline in your own folders then it could still be spyware.

Best of luck m8.
AndrewJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2004, 15:43   #7
MindTrix
Inactive

Link us to it so we can see?
Old 28-11-2004, 15:49   #8
AndrewJ
Inactive

AndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny star

I forgot the darn link, its a computer place which I was refered to I know its not ebuyer or scan.co.uk it was another one.... arggggghh hate it when this happens I will search for the it now.
Old 28-11-2004, 16:17   #9
AndrewJ
Inactive

Cant remember for life of me. It aint Scan.co.uk think its based in Manchester or Bolton I ordered a Sunbeam case from them also.
Old 28-11-2004, 16:19   #10
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

dabs.com?
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2004, 16:20   #11
AndrewJ
Inactive

No not that one,, make its name is close to scan.co.uk also just cant remember it
Old 28-11-2004, 16:21   #12
MindTrix
Inactive

Check your history??
Old 28-11-2004, 16:23   #13
AndrewJ
Inactive

Formatted this rig a few days ago as I had just put a new processor and soundcard plus Ram, and figured it needed doing.

I will find this site
Old 28-11-2004, 20:21   #14
Valerie
Inactive

Services: VM 10 (well >4!) Meg via modem, M tv pack, 1 phone line
Valerie is a glorious beacon of lightValerie is a glorious beacon of lightValerie is a glorious beacon of lightValerie is a glorious beacon of lightValerie is a glorious beacon of lightValerie is a glorious beacon of lightValerie is a glorious beacon of light

found this suggestion on a web site after extended Google search that works for me (can't remember web site)
Start/run msinfo32 (I use W98, not sure how you do this under XP)
tools
internet explorer repair
this also reboots the machine, and it works everytime - hope it helps
Valerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2004, 21:13   #15
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike
The site I am going to is my homepage which is a (index.htm) page ....but still coming up just as a cross tried ctrl F5 no luck !
if the images aren't displaying properly, are you sure the path to them is correct in the index.htm file?

- and I have to ask, apologies in advance, but you have uploaded the image files to the webspace, not just the index file?

- or are they relying on links to other sites?