Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Converting 0870 numbers to landline numbers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Telco Services Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Converting 0870 numbers to landline numbers

Old 07-10-2004, 13:11   #1
DubloRobin
Inactive

DubloRobin is an unknown quantity at this point
Converting 0870 numbers to landline numbers

Hi all,

First posting!

I've taken a cable phone service that has a fixed monthly fee and free landline calls. However, any special numbers, such as 0845 (local rate) or 0870 (national rate), are not part of the service and I get charged separately for those calls Does anyone know of a web site or method for converting 0845 or 0870 numbers to their underlying landline numbers?

I recently read a posting where someone supplied the ebuyer customer services 08704670753 number as 01142016965 which was very handy as I had to wait ages for a reply, but at least the call was free to me

Thanks
Robin
DubloRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-10-2004, 13:13   #2
Graham

Re: Converting 0870 numbers to landline numbers

This is the site you're looking for:

http://www.saynoto0870.com/

It lists lots of alternatives to 0870 and similar numbers
Old 07-10-2004, 16:51   #3
zovat
Inactive

Services: NTL Telephone 3M Broadband - CM Sky TV
zovat has reached the bronze age
zovat has reached the bronze agezovat has reached the bronze agezovat has reached the bronze agezovat has reached the bronze agezovat has reached the bronze agezovat has reached the bronze agezovat has reached the bronze agezovat has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to zovat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham

Nice site - I was looking for one like this last week....

oh, and DubloRobin :- to CableForum
zovat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 22:02   #4
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Welcome to the forums.
I use that site quite often too. Its great for finding alternative numbers for computer suppliers.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 10:23   #5
DubloRobin
Inactive

DubloRobin is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies and warm welcome I can see you're an active group with lots of interesting topics to discuss

The "sayNoTo0870" site is certainly very useful - even has a way to add numbers for others to share. However, I do have one number I regularly call that isn't listed: 0870-020-1075. I wonder how people have located landline equivalents in the first place?

Cheers
DubloRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 20:53   #6
kevinsheehan
Inactive

kevinsheehan is an unknown quantity at this point

does anyone use this service regularly - i have tried but keep being redirected to an 0870 sales site??
kevinsheehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 21:20   #7
maxtoralias
Inactive

Services: NTL Family Package 1MB broadband
maxtoralias is just really nicemaxtoralias is just really nicemaxtoralias is just really nicemaxtoralias is just really nicemaxtoralias is just really nicemaxtoralias is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham

What a great site. Thanks a lot as I have just bought a laptop from PC world and all of the numbers listed are 0870 prefix. Should save a lot of cash in the long run
maxtoralias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 05:05   #8
Nidge

Services: Virgin, phone and 50meg Broadband.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtoralias
What a great site. Thanks a lot as I have just bought a laptop from PC world and all of the numbers listed are 0870 prefix. Should save a lot of cash in the long run
I like the one straight through to NTL customer services, how long will it last before it's pulled down.
Old 09-05-2005, 12:55   #9
Graham

If you can't find an alternative to an 0870 or 0845 number, your next best option is to sign up to http://www.call1899.com who charge 7p a minute for 0870 and 3p a minute for 0845 numbers (plus a 3p connection charge).

If you *can* find a landline alternative, you can get the call *FREE* from 1899!

There's also http://www.call18866.com who have a 2p connection charge but who are slightly more expensive (eg 9p for 0870, 4p for 0845 and 0.5p/ minute for landline calls)

I'd suggest signing up to both and programing their freephone prefixes into your phone so you can pick whichever you want.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:21   #10
kevinsheehan
Inactive

can you answer the question about multiple use of the free service for finding landline equivalents of 0870 numbers
Old 10-05-2005, 11:09   #11
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsheehan
does anyone use this service regularly - i have tried but keep being redirected to an 0870 sales site??
What 'service'?

All you need to do is go to www.saynoto0870.com & use the search facility to look for a landline number equivalent for the company that you want to ring on an 0870 number.

There's no 'service' as such, you just use the site to search for an alternative number.

And what a top site it is too.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 16:10   #12
Ignition
Permanently Banned

Services: Depends who's being serviced :p
Ignition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronze
Ignition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronze

Find someone who works for a telco and get them to phone for you, if their PBX is properly set up they'll see the number that that 0870 number translates to. Works for me anyway, calling from work I see the number that the 0870 / 0845 translates to *most* of the time.
Ignition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 22:40   #13
kevinsheehan
Inactive

dear neil

if i try to find an 0870 number twice i am redirected to a site "selling" 0870"
how do i get round this
Old 10-05-2005, 23:05   #14
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsheehan
dear neil

if i try to find an 0870 number twice i am redirected to a site "selling" 0870"
how do i get round this
Who is the company, & what's the number you are looking for a replacement (landline) number for?
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 15:51   #15
kevinsheehan
Inactive

the company is www.saynoto0870.com and i and others want to use this "service" or "system" ( just semantics) to find many different 0870 numbers - now and in the future !
If you care to look at the threads above you will understand