Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Router Config

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Router Config

Old 05-08-2003, 09:47   #1
Steve H
Inactive

Services: Freeview, 512k Pipex.
Steve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of Quads
Send a message via ICQ to Steve H Send a message via MSN to Steve H Send a message via Yahoo to Steve H
Router Config

Hi guys,

For some reason I cant access the config on my router (As I need to alter some things).

http://192.168.2.1 Should lead to it, But I get Page Cannot be Displayed..

Ive tried using telnet to access it, and get ;

Quote:
HTTP 1.0 MOVED:

http://192.168.2.1:88

So, I then tried "http://192.168.2.1:88", in my browser, and I get to the Admin login page.. Great, I think.. But then I hit Login (with the password), and it goes to "Page cannot be displayed".. again

Any Ideas?

PS- tried rebooting Router/Comp.. resetting the router.. to no avail.
Steve H is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-08-2003, 10:09   #2
cjll3
Inactive

cjll3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
You've got IE set to use a proxy server
cjll3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 10:11   #3
Steve H
Inactive

Steve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of Quads
Send a message via ICQ to Steve H Send a message via MSN to Steve H Send a message via Yahoo to Steve H
Already thought of that.. I havent' used a proxy in ages

Thanks though.
Old 05-08-2003, 10:31   #4
Steve H
Inactive

Well, Ive got into it from another computer on the network ... Dont know why its worked from there :S
Old 05-08-2003, 10:33   #5
Alan Waddington
Inactive

Alan Waddington has a spectacular aura about themAlan Waddington has a spectacular aura about themAlan Waddington has a spectacular aura about themAlan Waddington has a spectacular aura about them
Try looking here - might help
http://support.microsoft.com/default...NoWebContent=1
Alan Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 14:23   #6
bonzoe
cf.mega poster

bonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud of
Is it something to do with security settings or user rights in windows?
bonzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 16:00   #7
Acathla
cf.mega poster

Acathla has reached the bronze age
Acathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze age
Can you give us an idea of what router you have and what OS your running?

Plus its a bit strange that the address is 192.168.2.1 (unless youve reconfigured it. Usual address for routers is 192.168.0.1
Acathla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 17:44   #8
philip.j.fry
Inactive

philip.j.fry has reached the bronze age
philip.j.fry has reached the bronze agephilip.j.fry has reached the bronze agephilip.j.fry has reached the bronze agephilip.j.fry has reached the bronze age
Quote:
Originally posted by Acathla
Can you give us an idea of what router you have and what OS your running?

Plus its a bit strange that the address is 192.168.2.1 (unless youve reconfigured it. Usual address for routers is 192.168.0.1
Belkin routers are set to 192.168.2.1 as the factory default (well mine is at least)
philip.j.fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 18:07   #9
Steve H
Inactive

Windows XP, Belkin 4 Port Gateway Router.

I've just realised the routers bsd or something, meaning in my attempt to configure it to let me host a game server.. I wont be able to anyway.

Problems really sorted, as I can access it through my other computer, Just confused me a bit ..

Thanks for the help.
Old 05-08-2003, 22:51   #10
BenH
Inactive

BenH is an unknown quantity at this point
Cant you set up a virtual server on the router for the relevant port? I have this capability on my home's D-Link 614 and the Cisco's I have at work. Both allow routing of game servers, even though we never have time to actually play the damn things

'Fraid I've never used Belkins, but if they are running a BSD, they should be willing to tell you how to access the routers configs and let you change things there.

Regards,

Ben
BenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 12:43   #11
Steve H
Inactive

Hey again,

Ok, I managed to set the PC im on, to the DMZ (With my computers internal IP).. and then Set up the 2 virtual ports for the games server, the same way.

I hosted the game, and it works fine!.. I thought great, Il go install the game on my other computer (which has a direct connection to the router), and then change the router config, so its that computer thats in the DMZ, and Has the virtual ports open for it.

I thought this was defiently going to work, but it hasnt

The computers runnin Win98, 266mhz, 96mb Ram, My computers WinXP, 1800, 512 Ram. Dont think this'l be much help anyway..But, If anyones got any advice on how to get around this, then i'd be greatful. Dont know if this is relevent, But both computers share each others files/printers, etc.. through the router :\

Im after another computer anyway, somewhere between 400-700mhz, To just use to host.. If anyones got any lying around

Thanks for the help.