Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Manchurian Candidate

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > General Entertainment

The Manchurian Candidate

Old 11-08-2004, 01:37   #1
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
The Manchurian Candidate

Saw a trailer for this at the cinema on Monday night:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramo...ian_candidate/

A remake (by Jonathan "Silence of the Lambs" Demme) of the classic 1962 thriller by John Frankenheimer (which was based on a novel by Richard Condon).

Doesn't actually look too bad...
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-08-2004, 16:21   #2
dr wadd

Re: The Manchurian Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D
Doesn't actually look too bad...
Never say that ever again. This is another in a series of totally unnecessary remakes, and if people say good things about them Hollywood will never learn. I am sick to the back teeth of the number of remakes that are coming out these days, 99% of them being classic films, remaking them is nothing but an insult.

And don`t get me started on Peter Jackson remaking King Kong..............
Old 15-08-2004, 16:49   #3
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr wadd
Never say that ever again. This is another in a series of totally unnecessary remakes, and if people say good things about them Hollywood will never learn. I am sick to the back teeth of the number of remakes that are coming out these days, 99% of them being classic films, remaking them is nothing but an insult.

And don`t get me started on Peter Jackson remaking King Kong..............
I wouldn't mind if the films were BETTER but 9/10 they are not.
Old 15-08-2004, 16:53   #4
aliferste
cf.mega poster

aliferste has reached the bronze age
aliferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to aliferste

I dunno...Jonathan Demme is an interesting director
Old 15-08-2004, 16:58   #5
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliferste
I dunno...Jonathan Demme is an interesting director
So why does he need to do remakes of classic films that were perfectly done originally?
Old 15-08-2004, 21:04   #6
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas
So why does he need to do remakes of classic films that were perfectly done originally?
Because Hollywood lacks originality?

Although, sometimes a remake can be good, if done well, as it means the story will be brought to a whole new audience.

Speaking of the Manchurian Candidate...

I bought the DVD of the original yesterday, for about 5 quid in HMV.

Watched it this afternoon. Still a classic. Sinatra is great, & Angela "Murder She Wrote" Lansbury is just...scary.

I'm still interested in seeing the new version, if only to see how it compares.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote