Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] Telewest Broadband to increase speeds

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

[Merged] Telewest Broadband to increase speeds

Old 23-04-2004, 19:55   #1
rnb14
Inactive

rnb14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Telewest Broadband to increase speeds

My first post, so here it goes....

According to many sources and discussion on DS, Telewest will increase speed levels on 3 of their blueyonder broadband internet packages by 50%.

512K service will increase to 750K,
1MB service will increase to 1.5MB,
and 2 MB service will increase to 3MB at no extra cost (yet).

This will happen on Monday and will be confirmed by Telewest on Monday.
rnb14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-04-2004, 19:56   #2
Foo Fighter
cf.addict

Foo Fighter will become famous soon enoughFoo Fighter will become famous soon enoughFoo Fighter will become famous soon enough
Re: Telewest Broadband to increase speeds

Now thats what i'd love to hear from ntl

750K for £24.99 is a bargain
Foo Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2004, 20:27   #3
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnb14
My first post, so here it goes....

According to many sources and discussion on DS, Telewest will increase speed levels on 3 of their blueyonder broadband internet packages by 50%.

512K service will increase to 750K,
1MB service will increase to 1.5MB,
and 2 MB service will increase to 3MB at no extra cost (yet).

This will happen on Monday and will be confirmed by Telewest on Monday.

hi and to the site , this makes ntl look even *****t!ier than they already are
paulyoung666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2004, 20:43   #4
Defiant
Permanently Banned

Defiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to all
Send a message via ICQ to Defiant Send a message via AIM to Defiant Send a message via MSN to Defiant Send a message via Yahoo to Defiant

I think its about time Aizad Hussain was sacked. His decisions upto now have really alienated customers & Staff to NTL. He really doesn't seem to have a clue. Where did they find this muppet
Defiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2004, 20:50   #5
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Lets hope NTL fall in line as (or before) they merge with TW.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2004, 20:53   #6
bigitup_j
Inactive

Services: VM Phone, TV and 20mb Broadband
bigitup_j will become famous soon enoughbigitup_j will become famous soon enoughbigitup_j will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to bigitup_j Send a message via Yahoo to bigitup_j

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pem
Lets hope NTL fall in line as (or before) they merge with TW.
i definately hope so!!
those speed increases are great news for tw customers though!
bigitup_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2004, 20:53   #7
Charlie_Bubble
Inactive

Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age
Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo Fighter
Now thats what i'd love to hear from ntl

750K for £24.99 is a bargain
Somehow I doubt it!
Charlie_Bubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2004, 21:01   #8
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W

hmm... so tw are going to increase their speeds by 50% and not charge any extra? forgive me for being cynical, but i can't see them increasing the speeds and then not increases the prices afterwards.

I guess they are not going to leave the existing packages as well, so lets say they increase the speeds, and then a couple of months down the line, increase the prices. What will happen to the people who were happy with their 512k service and don't want to/ can't afford to pay the extra??
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2004, 21:10   #9
Defiant
Permanently Banned

Defiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to all
Send a message via ICQ to Defiant Send a message via AIM to Defiant Send a message via MSN to Defiant Send a message via Yahoo to Defiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybreath
hmm... so tw are going to increase their speeds by 50% and not charge any extra? forgive me for being cynical, but i can't see them increasing the speeds and then not increases the prices afterwards.
I suppose that way of thinking is expected being an NTL customer after all lol

Nah I see it as a winner to fight off ADSL which is getting more and more popular
Defiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2004, 21:21   #10
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant
I suppose that way of thinking is expected being an NTL customer after all lol
nah it comes really from being a born cynic and thinking that nothing in this life comes for free!
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2004, 21:23   #11
Florence
Inactive

Services: The wonders of Sky TV BT line and Aquiss.net ADSL cable dies on 5th RIP VM.
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal

I haven't heard anything so can't comment........ BUT if this is true then the merger will look more like a telewest takeover they have the better deals so pull the punches.. You can't get the customers to take lower speeds once its launched..... Are NTL awake do they see they are strangling the company, stilting its potentual..... All I can see is BT and Telewest fighting it out for the best broadband supplier and NTL creeping under a rock..

Come on Telewest take over NTL [img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
Florence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2004, 21:32   #12
ian@huth
Inactive

Services: VM 10Mb, TU, 1xSky HD, 2xSky+ (HD,all packs, sports & movies) 2xDVD PVR's, Freesat Freeview & other
ian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronze
ian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronze

Didn't this story start out on April 1st?
ian@huth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2004, 22:06   #13
Florence
Inactive

Services: The wonders of Sky TV BT line and Aquiss.net ADSL cable dies on 5th RIP VM.
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianathuth
Didn't this story start out on April 1st?
[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
Can't say I had heard anything about it and I certainly didn't read about it on April 1st...

Anyway not long till Monday and all will be revealed
Old 23-04-2004, 22:10   #14
Charlie_Bubble
Inactive

Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age
Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kits
I haven't heard anything so can't comment........ BUT if this is true then the merger will look more like a telewest takeover they have the better deals so pull the punches.. You can't get the customers to take lower speeds once its launched..... Are NTL awake do they see they are strangling the company, stilting its potentual..... All I can see is BT and Telewest fighting it out for the best broadband supplier and NTL creeping under a rock..

Come on Telewest take over NTL [img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
Shame on you. You want Telewest customers to have their service brought down to NTLs level?
Charlie_Bubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2004, 22:19   #15
Florence
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Bubble
Shame on you. You want Telewest customers to have their service brought down to NTLs level?
[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

No if you read it I said you can't bring them down! Which means those would have to stay and to merge the packages need to be the same. NTL are going to be further away from Telewest in packages now making merging impossible.

NTL packages.. All capped to 1gig.
170K, 600K, 1mb..

Telewest only the 256K capped to 750mb a day.
256K, 512K , 1mb, 2mb.. now.. They also have a reduction on price if you have another product like phone or tv of them...

All round a better deal. I regret Telewest not winning when Nynex bought out C&W in the begining..