Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [MERGED] Poll: Same Sex civil marriages, yes or no.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

[MERGED] Poll: Same Sex civil marriages, yes or no.
View Poll Results: Should same sex civil marriage be allowed?
Yes 83 62.88%
No 42 31.82%
Undecided 7 5.30%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 31-01-2012, 15:33   #61
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
re: [MERGED] Poll: Same Sex civil marriages, yes or no.

I suppose the poll is a little ambiguous in its brevity. What I was interested in is if people think gay people should have the legal right to get married. Not that it matters much, as I think the result is quite clear.
Old 31-01-2012, 21:39   #62
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Never ever have understood homophobia since I discovered what they were way back in the 60s.I thought it was a stupid law banning it,I thought it was stupid they couldn't marry and I've thought it was callous and unjust the way that partners were not allowed to be with a sick partner in hospital even when dying back in the past because they were not officially 'family'.

That's the one thing I always wanted to see changed.Thankfully the good old days have gone for good.
Old 31-01-2012, 21:54   #63
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star

i vote for 'yes'... whatever floats your boat. it's not harming anyone, so hey, go for it. to be so blinkered that you would deny others happiness in a harmless act just because you wouldn't do it yourself is just plain selfish in my opinion.
Old 31-01-2012, 22:22   #64
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by idi banashapan View Post
i vote for 'yes'... whatever floats your boat. it's not harming anyone, so hey, go for it. to be so blinkered that you would deny others happiness in a harmless act just because you wouldn't do it yourself is just plain selfish in my opinion.
Well said

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 13:12   #65
AdamD
cf.mega poster

Services: VM 50Mb
AdamD has reached the bronze age
AdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze age

I wonder how such a poll would've turned out 50 years ago? I'd imagine it would be the reverse of what it is now.

It's nice the minority is now the majority and vice versa.

The less of said minority in the world, the better.
AdamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 13:45   #66
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star

very true. the sad thing is, I would imagine many of those who say 'no', when pressed on why, would only come up with such reasons as 'because it's wrong' or worse, just 'because' without any real depth behind the answer they give. it's as bad as the parents who tell a child not to do something and when the child asks why not, the parent turns around and says 'because I said so'.... thanks for clearing that one up, mum!!! your authority is obviously unquestionable nor reasonable. welcome to 1984!!
Old 01-02-2012, 19:08   #67
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamD View Post
I wonder how such a poll would've turned out 50 years ago? I'd imagine it would be the reverse of what it is now.

It's nice the minority is now the majority and vice versa.

The less of said minority in the world, the better.
I would have voted for and been in a minority.
Old 25-02-2012, 10:30   #68
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

An intersting quote from the equalities minister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne Featherstone
The Church does not "own" marriage nor have the exclusive right to say who can marry
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17162442
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 10:33   #69
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

This government is going to allow gay marriage this parliament, that seems certain.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 11:10   #70
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
This government is going to allow gay marriage this parliament, that seems certain.
And about time to

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 11:59   #71
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
About time
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 12:44   #72
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
An intersting quote from the equalities minister

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17162442

Loved the quote at the end of the article
Quote:
Our strong advice to anyone who disagrees with same-sex marriage is not to get married to someone of the same sex."
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 13:06   #73
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

It turns out not religion is not 100% anti-gay

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_and_homosexuality
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 13:36   #74
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

We've been telling you that for years.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 14:02   #75
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
It turns out not religion is not 100% anti-gay

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_and_homosexuality
how many % anti-gay is it then