Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Firefox coming to PS3?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

PS3 to VGA

Old 20-11-2009, 23:03   #1
downquark1
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FFTC
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal
PS3 to VGA

I've got a brand new PS3 slimline and I'm trying to connect it to a HP2309v monitor. We were under the impression the monitor had a HDMI slot but now we realise it doesn't.
We do have a ps3/wii to VGA adapter however once connected the monitor complains the signal is out of range. I'm guessing this is because the signal is 50Hz and doesn't support it.

Can you get the ps3 to work at 60Hz ?

Am I going to have to fork out for a new monitor/TV?
Old 21-11-2009, 00:41   #2
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: PS3 to VGA

VGA Cable for PS3 and Nintendo Wii
Old 21-11-2009, 13:13   #3
downquark1
cf.mega poster

downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal

We already have one of those. But the monitor doesn't seem to want to accept the signal.
Old 21-11-2009, 13:32   #4
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Have you reset the PS3 yet? You have to to change video modes
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2009, 19:45   #5
downquark1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham M View Post
Have you reset the PS3 yet? You have to to change video modes
Its brand new and I've tried the hold down the power button for 5secs trick. Doesn't seem to want to have it. Will just have to find a HDMI monitor. Unfortunately can't see the menu without the screen working.