Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Time limit on speeding prosecution?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

I Need Help From Fellow Members

Old 01-02-2008, 19:40   #1
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
I Need Help From Fellow Members

I need some help from my fellow members, on a subject that must be dear to the motorist, amongst us, I had to call out the AA, at Xmas, as l broke down, and whilst he attempted to repair my car, which turned out to be spark plugs, they damaged my starter motor so badly, it had to be replaced at a cost of £85.00, they are denying that it was there fault and are refusing to pay for it, apart from complaining to the AA, who else can you complain too about the service and treatment - any advice
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-02-2008, 19:42   #2
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Re: I Need Help From Fellow Members

If you get nowhere with them you could always pursue it through the courts, although you have to ask yourself if it's worth all the hassle
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 19:53   #3
Vlad_Dracul
Inactive

Services: Dispensing wit and wisdom in so far as I am able . P3 500Mhz/ 2Mb BB when it works,no Tv,n
Vlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful one

You say they damaged the starter motor but can you elaborate..? How did this damage occur and what was the nature of the damage?
Vlad_Dracul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 20:37   #4
tweetypie/8
Permanently Banned

Services: vmxl virgin vmbb virgin mobile
tweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
I need some help from my fellow members, on a subject that must be dear to the motorist, amongst us, I had to call out the AA, at Xmas, as l broke down, and whilst he attempted to repair my car, which turned out to be spark plugs, they damaged my starter motor so badly, it had to be replaced at a cost of £85.00, they are denying that it was there fault and are refusing to pay for it, apart from complaining to the AA, who else can you complain too about the service and treatment - any advice
sorry for your probs,but i have to ask how does working at the spark plugs affect the starter motor.
tweetypie/8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 20:46   #5
videodj
cf.addict

Services: Vivid 300Mb, Tivo V6, Tivo (Full House TV)
videodj will become famous soon enoughvideodj will become famous soon enoughvideodj will become famous soon enough

I used to be a mechanic and I find hard to believe that they would damage the starter motor, whilst trying to start a non working engine. Especially if it was a spark plug problem. The first thing you check when a car won't start, but turn's over is plug's, injection, ignition etc.

Most starter motors are at the back or side of the engine and particually easy to get, let alone damage.
videodj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 20:51   #6
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

What sort of car do you have, Arthur?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 21:22   #7
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Hi Videodj, As a former mechanic, you might know,l will explain the situation more to you, and then you will know what the problem is, my car was in perfect condition on Xmas Eve, no problems whatsoever, on Boxing day, l tried to start the car, it turned over, but would not start, then the battery became flat, called the AA, he took out his, battery charger machine, he must have turned the engine, somewhere in the region of about 10 times, still would not work, there was a start of a crackling noise coming from the engine, he then undone the housing for the fuel injectors, and started to adjust them, the crackling noise, was getting louder, and because he was the mechanic, l did not ask questions, he then went for the spark plugs, and then told me that the plugs were naff, and needed new ones, l told him that l would change them after xmas, (which was two days), he managed to start the car after 45 minutes, and still the crackling noise, and this was like it evertime l started the car, it was not making a noise, when moving, only when starting the engine, my mechanic looked at it, and told me it was the starter motor, and advised me that the motor, had been damaged, due to constant use by AA, as the motor is only used primarily to start the engine, and not for constant use - l trust that helps, the car is a Vauxhall Astra, the starter motor is on the right hand side of the engine, if you are looking into the engine from the front. Thank you
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 21:47   #8
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Arthur, were these the symptoms displayed when you tried to start your car?
when I turn the key it is as though my battery is flat, yet my headlights are very bright

Linky
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 00:47   #9
Chicken
Inactive

Chicken has much to be proud ofChicken has much to be proud ofChicken has much to be proud ofChicken has much to be proud ofChicken has much to be proud ofChicken has much to be proud ofChicken has much to be proud ofChicken has much to be proud ofChicken has much to be proud ofChicken has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Hi Videodj, As a former mechanic, you might know,l will explain the situation more to you, and then you will know what the problem is, my car was in perfect condition on Xmas Eve, no problems whatsoever, on Boxing day, l tried to start the car, it turned over, but would not start, then the battery became flat,
And how many times did you attempt to start it before the battery went flat?
Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:31   #10
shabbychic
Inactive

Services: anything, as long as you let me talk the hind legs of you
shabbychic will become famous soon enoughshabbychic will become famous soon enoughshabbychic will become famous soon enough

just a thought, as its easy to forget....

do you have house insurance? as a lot of them have legal protection, that should cover you for civil disputes.

if you havent already got the legal cover, it really is worth it (especially if you have neighbour disputes)

im not sure how much it is, but i know its not that much, mine for the year through the AA funnily enough, is only £65 for the year, ans thats with the legal cover
shabbychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:48   #11
zing_deleted

I would say the stater motor was most likely on its way out anyway and the extra wear and tear took it over . Im sure you turned the car over a number of times and im sure if your battery didnt go flat or you had a quick charger you would have turned it over some more. I think this is a case of swallow the loss dude