Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Playstation Move

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

Playstation Move

Old 17-09-2010, 17:06   #1
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Playstation Move

So with Move getting released today, has anyone purchased Move?

I have just ordered a couple of Move controllers due to owning the Eyetoy camera already.

If you have tried it out what do you think? Am looking forward to trying Tiger Woods out with it and looking forward to the new Socom game.
Old 17-09-2010, 18:51   #2
Ravenheart
Inactive

Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
Re: Playstation Move

Mine was delivered about an hour ago, i have to say even with the demo's I've tried so far I'm really impressed with it's accuracy. I did enjoy the Wii when I had one, tried the demo of Sports Champions Table Tennis, as I was a demon on the Wii version. Got thrashed by the cpu on this one!

Try as I might I couldn't get it to lose tracking on the controller either.

The shape of the Move controller is good in the hand and with all the usual buttons and the new T and Move buttons there's plenty of scope for quite in depth games.

So after about an hour. I'm really pleased, it exceeds my expectations so far

Now off to try the Tiger Woods Demo
Ravenheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2010, 05:27   #3
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Cheers for the info dude.
Old 18-09-2010, 14:55   #4
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

This & Kinect both look interesting, but I'm gonna wait for more games before I decide on whether to bother with either.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2010, 15:20   #5
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

I don't do moving.... I play the odd game to relax and chill out, not to knacker myself out.

Saying that, are wii's still going? It's all gone really quiet, I know 5/6 mates who's had one has sold them on as they've got bored with them after the novelty wore off (quite quickly I must add). Just wondering if the move/kinetic has missed the boat and it'll be just another fad and a waste of money. As you say we'll have to see what games come out for them but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 18-09-2010, 18:06   #6
Fitze73
Inactive

Services: 2 X Sky+HD 1x LG blu ray home cinema, PS3, XBox360,W
Fitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about them

i had my move stater kit on wednesday been great so far kids love it, got kung fu rider, start the party & sports champions
Fitze73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2010, 23:13   #7
Bulky
Inactive

Bulky has reached the bronze age

Is it just me or do the move controllers do it no favours whatsoever ???
Old 19-09-2010, 10:18   #8
Ravenheart
Inactive

Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
Saying that, are wii's still going? It's all gone really quiet, I know 5/6 mates who's had one has sold them on as they've got bored with them after the novelty wore off (quite quickly I must add). Just wondering if the move/kinetic has missed the boat and it'll be just another fad and a waste of money. As you say we'll have to see what games come out for them but I'm not holding my breath.
I think people got bored of the Wii's due to the lack of really good games, I did enjoy some of the stuff on the Wii, but it was infested with shovelware. The great games were few and far between and often found no shelf space compared to the latest dance/party/firness title. I traded my Wii in for the PS3, and it's been great so glad I did.

I do think there is a place for both the PS3 and 360 to get in on the motion controlled games market, especially as the tech has moved on since the Wiimote and motion plus. Even hardcore gamers who bought the 360 or PS3 like a bit of casual gaming now and then so I think people will find a new love for these type of games.
Old 19-09-2010, 10:25   #9
Fitze73
Inactive

Fitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about them

jo just out of curiosity is your tv wall mounted
Old 19-09-2010, 10:42   #10
Ravenheart
Inactive

No I doubt my walls could hold a Tv :P I have mine on a glass stand.

You had problems with wall mounted & move?
Old 19-09-2010, 10:46   #11
Fitze73
Inactive

sort of , my tv is wall mounted roughly 6 inches above my sideboard, only thing is the top of the tv is level with my head, which means the camera is even higher at the top
Old 19-09-2010, 12:54   #12
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I'm sorry but the Move controller looks like the thing that cops use to direct traffic, or they use at airports to help planes move near the ramp.
Old 19-09-2010, 13:01   #13
speedfreak
Inactive

Services: VM phone TV 50Mbps BB
speedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appeal
speedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitze73 View Post
sort of , my tv is wall mounted roughly 6 inches above my sideboard, only thing is the top of the tv is level with my head, which means the camera is even higher at the top
I wondered why you asked me that last night! Keep the reviews coming, Im waiting to see what everyone thinks before I go out and buy it.

Oh btw me and my mate were taking it in turns last night, the horrendous 12kills to 60 deaths was not me
speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2010, 13:05   #14
Bulky
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I'm sorry but the Move controller looks like the thing that cops use to direct traffic, or they use at airports to help planes move near the ramp.
I agree , just the look of the controllers has completely put me off even considering buying this ,why the hell put those stupid glowing balls on the top ???
Old 19-09-2010, 13:21   #15
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulky View Post
I agree , just the look of the controllers has completely put me off even considering buying this ,why the hell put those stupid glowing balls on the top ???
I thought exactly that till I read some technical info on Friday.

The wee glowing ball is what makes the Move work. The Eyetoy camera detects the ball and can work out where it is and even how far away you are standing by it working out how big the ball is. The colour change is down to the camera looking at the colours of your room and choosing a colour that will stand out easily so the camera can see it. Its actually pretty damn clever tbh.

Its that ball that gives Move the 1:1 movement.