Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo performance.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

TiVo performance.

Old 23-02-2012, 21:56   #91
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: TiVo performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Same here Dave

Add me to that as well DF.
Old 23-02-2012, 22:02   #92
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

and Tivo be even better next month with red button on bbc and sky sports
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 22:21   #93
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
and Tivo be even better next month with red button on bbc and sky sports
indeed... looking forward to the BBC Apps myself
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2012, 23:24   #94
Pbryanw
cf.addict

Services: Plusnet Fibre Broadband, Phone & TV
Pbryanw is just really nicePbryanw is just really nicePbryanw is just really nicePbryanw is just really nicePbryanw is just really nicePbryanw is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
would not swap my Tivo for anything
Just swapped to Freesat to save a bit of money on my Virgin bill, and now I'm missing TiVo. It may trade blows with Sky's HD box, but put it against nearly all the available Freeview/Freesat boxes, with their limited VoD services and dated interfaces, and it really shines. (Maybe YouView might freshen things up though).

I don't mind losing the channels (as I was on XL) but I do miss the TiVo and it seems, in my case at least, once you've tried TiVo it's hard to accept anything else as substitute
Pbryanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 11:24   #95
oliver1948uk
cf.geek

Services: VM Mix TV, 200 internet, basic house phone. Also Virgin mobile phone
oliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quads

. . . but still no dynamic EPG on Tivo and no prospect of it coming for a long time.
oliver1948uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 11:29   #96
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver1948uk View Post
. . . but still no dynamic EPG on Tivo and no prospect of it coming for a long time.
That will come in due time but the TiVo as it stands is still head and shoulders above any other box in many peoples opinions.
Old 25-02-2012, 11:30   #97
oliver1948uk
cf.geek

Services: VM Mix TV, 200 internet, basic house phone. Also Virgin mobile phone
oliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quads

Not mine (after 6+ months use).

If the V+ had a larger hard drive, I would go back to that.
oliver1948uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 12:58   #98
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Last few argumentative posts removed..

If you don't like someone's comment then either leave the thread or use the ignore button. If you don't then we'll simply use the infract button.
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 13:06   #99
paulsouth

Services: sky+hd 1TB freeview virgin bb 30mbps

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFTW View Post
Could a TiVo user post a video of a TiVo being used in the real world? Someone just do video of scrolling through menus going into various ondemand sections ect? Accessing apps..
virgin media 500gb tivo is very slow..useless..i got it at home
Old 25-02-2012, 13:45   #100
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
http://youtu.be/D48z5ep71zQ?hd=1

Here's one I made earlier. It gives a good indication of the TiVo speed when running the new 15.2 software.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsouth View Post
virgin media 500gb tivo is very slow..useless..i got it at home
Check out my video above. Granted it's the 1tb model but I think calling TiVo slow & useless is far from the truth. Don't get me wrong, I've recently had Sky installed and the 1tb Sky+HD box is noticeably quicker but that doesn't make the TiVo useless.
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote