Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Jus got a call from virgin media

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

Jus got a call from virgin media

Old 05-01-2012, 10:32   #16
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jus got a call from virgin media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
So if your bank calls and asks you questions about a trasaction do you hang up?

This happens every single day and has done for as long as I can remember.
The one occasion that this did happen I said I would phone them back using the number I had from the banks website. My reason for this were that they would not identify themselves but wanted me to identify myself.

Actually there was one occasion when buying a fireplace and gas fire in a shop where the card company queryed the transaction at the point of sale.
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2012, 10:47   #17
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcimedes View Post
The one occasion that this did happen I said I would phone them back using the number I had from the banks website. My reason for this were that they would not identify themselves but wanted me to identify myself.

Actually there was one occasion when buying a fireplace and gas fire in a shop where the card company queryed the transaction at the point of sale.
I have had this a couple of times and once it was when someone had cloned my card and attempted to buy a £1500 computer so time can be of the essence and they have always advised who they were.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:43   #18
webrosc
Inactive

Services: XL TV V+, XXL BB, XL Phone
webrosc will become famous soon enoughwebrosc will become famous soon enoughwebrosc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcimedes View Post

I've had this happen many times, i work in a petrol station and sometimes the system will tell us to call for authorisation, sometimes its all automated and the phoneline gives us a code to type into the card reader, other times we get passed to an operator who will ask questions through me to the customer, like last transaction, 2 letters from password they made, postcode, its all to make sure the customer is the cards owner, a pain as it can take 10 mins, but personally i think its good as it shows banks are watching for fraudulent transaction.
We get it often as a person can fill up in say london then drive to exeter and fill up again, if they are faster than the system thinks the time between transactions is too fast for the distance it will query it.

sorry for OT post
webrosc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:26   #19
New to cable
Permanently Banned

New to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Yes - last month.

We were consistently spending £4-£7 per month on 084. numbers, and they pointed that for £2 per month, we could have those included in our XL phone package.

We took them up on their offer.
Did you also get put onto a new 12 month contract? I've heard of people being offered new deals on calls only to be put on a new 12 month contract.

So you end up saving a few quid a month on calls but losing out on a retentions deal that could of saved you £15-£20 a month.
New to cable is offline   Reply With Quote