Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VIP50/TiVo Packs and International calls

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

Need help on selecting a handset...

Old 13-05-2011, 12:14   #1
Naubin
Inactive

Naubin is an unknown quantity at this point
Need help on selecting a handset...

Hi,

I want to replace my cordless DECT handsets (currently BT XC 200) with a new set. I have some specific requirements and having trouble searching for the specifications via shopping sites.

What I am looking for:

- 2 cordless handsets, or 1 fixed handset and 1 cordless
- DECT
- Need hands free and/or an ability to connect some sort of headset
- Dont need answer machine
- Need the ability to store long phone numbers and pauses into the phone. Looking for more than 35 numbers/codes. My XC200 does this - but the amount of numbers you can store is limited to about 20.

Its this last requirement that is tricky to search for as it is not specified on most websites.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Neil
Naubin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-05-2011, 20:49   #2
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
Re: Need help on selecting a handset...

I have these:
click me

there very good, they have good range, they come in different number combinations (1,2,3,4,5 then you can get extra handsets)
- they are DECT
- they have headphone holes in the side, as well as hands free
- they have an answer machine, although you dont need one

Quote:
Need the ability to store long phone numbers and pauses into the phone
im not quite sure what this means. You can have 200 contacts stored in each phone, but each contact is limited to 24 digits in the number

let i think thats answered your question, let me know if you need anything else
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2011, 19:11   #3
Naubin
Inactive

Naubin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi - thanks for this.

The bit about storing long numbers - I need to be able to store a phone number along with pauses (usually a comma) and then other number sequences.

So for example:

0800 12345678,,,1,,3,,3533#,,7005344,*

It is to login to automated telephone systems I use regularly.

So the 24 digits bit is the crunch for me - my phone seems to have only around 20. I was really looking for phones that have the ability to store many more digits...

thanks

Neil
Naubin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 00:12   #4
progers
Pete

Services: Broadband Up to 100Mb ~ TV Mix & TiVo 1Tb ~ Phone: Talk More Anytime
progers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these parts

I think my phones nearly meet your bill apart from having an answering machine and only 32 digits. Ligo is a good store and you might find a suitable alternative there.

http://www.cordless-phones.uk.com/co...aset-c475-twin
progers is offline   Reply With Quote