Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Lost MDD Timeout

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Virgin Fibre Optic Not Available

Old 27-12-2010, 18:21   #1
Lister of Smeg
Permanently Banned

Lister of Smeg wont win a popularity contestLister of Smeg wont win a popularity contestLister of Smeg wont win a popularity contestLister of Smeg wont win a popularity contestLister of Smeg wont win a popularity contest
Question Virgin Fibre Optic Not Available

Hi,

I have a question for anyone that works for Virgin, how come in my neighbourhood almost everyone is able to benefit from the Fibre Optic service but my street. The street directly behind mine, both sides & in front have Fibre Optic yet not my street. The postcode is: BD6 1AU.

I would appreciate some input on this, as I would prefer to get net from Virgin but for a faster connection I am having to lean towards BT Infinity, which they say can get upto 31Mb

Cheers
Lister of Smeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-12-2010, 18:24   #2
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin Fibre Optic Not Available

The information in this post of Virgin Media's forum may help http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...elp/td-p/20585
Old 27-12-2010, 18:28   #3
Lister of Smeg
Permanently Banned

Lister of Smeg wont win a popularity contestLister of Smeg wont win a popularity contestLister of Smeg wont win a popularity contestLister of Smeg wont win a popularity contestLister of Smeg wont win a popularity contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
The information in this post of Virgin Media's forum may help http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...elp/td-p/20585
That's very interesting, thank you. PS I've just ran their test on the postcode and my neighbour's can get Fibre Optic, but not mine... what's that all about?
Old 27-12-2010, 18:28   #4
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

It's probably a record error. Follow the instructions in the post and it should get sorted
Old 27-12-2010, 18:30   #5
vanman
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky
vanman has reached the bronze age
vanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze age

i just put your post code here http://shop.virginmedia.com/check-your-postcode/
it says
Services available at: COLL PLACE, BRADFORD, BD6 1AU
vanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2010, 18:33   #6
Lister of Smeg
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanman View Post
i just put your post code here http://shop.virginmedia.com/check-your-postcode/
it says
Services available at: COLL PLACE, BRADFORD, BD6 1AU
It could be an error as posted above, i just find it strange that my neighbours can get it but not my house #
Old 27-12-2010, 21:11   #7
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lister of Smeg View Post
It could be an error as posted above, i just find it strange that my neighbours can get it but not my house #
Try filling this form in.

http://shop.virginmedia.com/unserviceable-address
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote