Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Swapping HDDs

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

PS3 to Home cinema system connection !! HELP !!

Old 08-06-2009, 11:28   #1
boji_17
Inactive

boji_17 is an unknown quantity at this point
PS3 to Home cinema system connection !! HELP !!

HElllo

i have just bought a ps3 and i have sony dav-3000 .. as far as i know it does not have the optical input .. rite now i have connected my ps3 with aux input with the red and white in the amp and yellow directly in the tv... but the sound quality is not that great as far as i can judge or it might be the home system it self. but is there any chance of connecting the ps3 wiht my home system via optical lead ...???????

by using any converter or adapter as such??

let me know

please

cheers
nas
boji_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2009, 11:35   #2
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
Re: PS3 to Home cinema system connection !! HELP !!

have you got optical on the amp? have you got HDMI on the amp?
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:38   #3
boji_17
Inactive

nope !!

no optical or hdmi

s-video or this yellow and white inputs .... loads of em
Old 08-06-2009, 11:45   #4
STONEISLAND
Inactive

STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

I think you are stuffed then, as you need a digital input on the amp.

May be somone on here later who can advise. I say get a new amp with optical or HDMI.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:48   #5
boji_17
Inactive

umm

any idea which one ?? any model. i dont wana spend too much on this luxury as yet .. credit crunch is affecting alot .. :P
Old 08-06-2009, 12:08   #6
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by boji_17 View Post
umm

any idea which one ?? any model. i dont wana spend too much on this luxury as yet .. credit crunch is affecting alot .. :P
Whats your budget?
Old 08-06-2009, 12:10   #7
boji_17
Inactive

LOL

in this crunch .... under 50 ... the chepest available option .. well used preferable lol
Old 08-06-2009, 12:12   #8
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by boji_17 View Post
LOL

in this crunch .... under 50 ... the chepest available option .. well used preferable lol
Your best bet is to go onto Ebay and pick a cheep second hand one at that price range you may even get the speakers thrown in.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:18   #9
boji_17
Inactive

any specific model?? any specs?? cuz i m at this moment checking system on ebay .. but i have no idea what so ever about the sound quality it will give and vice versa

if you have any specific models let me know
cheers

thanks...
Old 08-06-2009, 12:30   #10
STONEISLAND
Inactive

You might want to link from ebay whay your intrested in.