Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Mobile - end of Contract

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Is V Mobile good?

Old 23-04-2007, 10:55   #1
whitwori
cf.member

Services: V+ Box V Box BB aol
whitwori is an unknown quantity at this point
Is V Mobile good?

Thinking of getting the missus a £10 sim.

Is it good value?

Beleive the unused mins & texts roll over?

Whats the network coverage like?

She currently has a Samsung locked on O2, how easy to unlock?

Can it be unlocked without going to a market stall etc?
whitwori is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-04-2007, 13:00   #2
robertylee
Inactive

Services: VIP XL Package
robertylee is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Is V Mobile good?

bought eldest daughter a £10 sim - 300 mins and 300 texts per month for a tenner. Had old phone unlocked at local market for a fiver. no problems at all with service - can log on to see bill online to see how many minutes/texts are remaining at any one time. she gets a text once a month from virgin to say when they have all been reset and how many have been carried over. I can also check numbers she is calling and what times!

Can definitely recommed it.
robertylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2007, 13:29   #3
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

It was definately the cheapest I could find when I got mine a year ago.
It seems to be quite good

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2007, 14:09   #4
bmxbandit
Inactive

bmxbandit has reached the bronze age
bmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze age

unused minutes/texts roll over for 1 month (i.e. for the 300/300 deal, you could have 600 of each at most at any one time...)
bmxbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2007, 14:12   #5
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

I'd recommend V Mobile - I was with them for about 2 years, and the only reason I've changed is cos pretty much everyone I know is on O2

Oh, and according to my mate who's been with O2 for years, their phones don't tend to be locked to the network, so it might be worth trying the new SIM in it anyway
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2007, 15:51   #6
RUSTY
Inactive

Services: ntl 10Mg broadband, ntl XL samsung TV drive V+ talk unlimited RF Mod powered scart Tivo HTC Desir
RUSTY is on a distinguished roadRUSTY is on a distinguished road

been with V mobile since day one, first class.
RUSTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 14:29   #7
andyuk1
Inactive

andyuk1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have Virgin Mobile and have found the reception to be bad in my area. However you do get free voicemail.
andyuk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 14:46   #8
luckybleeder
Inactive

luckybleeder is an unknown quantity at this point

Reception is pretty poor here as well. Not too bad when i'm at home but i get no signal at work or in my friends house which is 15 minutes away by foot?
luckybleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 16:11   #9
SMHarman
Inactive

Services: Cablevision
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
I'd recommend V Mobile - I was with them for about 2 years, and the only reason I've changed is cos pretty much everyone I know is on O2

Oh, and according to my mate who's been with O2 for years, their phones don't tend to be locked to the network, so it might be worth trying the new SIM in it anyway
If you move to the post pay it is fantastic as the chip never expires, but for a teen prepay is probably better for the managing the cost of a phone.
O2 and Voda historically don't lock their handsets, though as they are customizing them more this might be changing.
SMHarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:22   #10
tweetypie/8
Permanently Banned

Services: vmxl virgin vmbb virgin mobile
tweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitwori View Post
Thinking of getting the missus a £10 sim.

Is it good value?

Beleive the unused mins & texts roll over?

Whats the network coverage like?

She currently has a Samsung locked on O2, how easy to unlock?

Can it be unlocked without going to a market stall etc?
been with them 7yrs now and absolutley no regrets.

---------- Post added at 12:22 ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetypie/8 View Post

been with them 7yrs now and absolutley no regrets.
tweetypie/8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 17:08   #11
Graham F
Inactive

Graham F has reached the bronze age
Graham F has reached the bronze ageGraham F has reached the bronze ageGraham F has reached the bronze age

V Mobile offer a very good service IMO
Graham F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:44   #12
Rapid Dr3am
Inactive

Rapid Dr3am is on a distinguished roadRapid Dr3am is on a distinguished road

I like them I don't use it much I'm on o2 mainly but my VM phone works great and is cheap too.
Rapid Dr3am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:29   #13
chickendippers
Inactive

Services: On-cable: TV-L, BB-L, Phone-M. Off-cable: Sky+ HD, Plusnet Unlimited.
chickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to chickendippers

Virgin Mobile certainly has the best customer service I've experienced. I've been with Fresh (from Carphone Warehouse) and Orange in the past, and after not being able to get through to customer service from either company I was pleasantly surprised to get straight through to Virgin Mobile

They thoroughly deserve the best customer service awards they've won for several years in a row! As far as I know they are still based in separate call centres from the ex-ntl:Telewest services.
chickendippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 16:26   #14
sstainer
Inactive

Services: VIP package
sstainer is just really nicesstainer is just really nicesstainer is just really nicesstainer is just really nicesstainer is just really nicesstainer is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to sstainer

Virgin mobile is a very good mobile service had no problems with them at all in over 6 years service well worth the money also they have some decent mobiles to buy on offer.

free voicemail, 3p texts from one virgin to another , bility to check with ease credit and other details
awards system for credit applied to mobile 10£ for every £100 spent
so by time you spent £300 thats a new mobile maybe [yeah ok admit a cheap one , maybe backup]

in all offer 10/10 for them,
sstainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 16:54   #15
Toto
Inactive

Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal

I've heard they are superb.

I also like Virgin Money, I have their credit card, and a couple of other services with them. Customer service is A1, and calls go straight through.

Toto is offline   Reply With Quote