Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 22-08-2017, 01:07   #2281
jj20x

Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Thanks for update.
No problem.

MTV Beats is on TS ID 18 with a service ID of 1812.

Testing on EPG slot 841 in the International section of the EPG. It has flags for the Mix, M+, L/Fun & XL/Full House packs.

It is testing on 5 internal VM networks.

Advertisement
Old 22-08-2017, 08:10   #2282
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Have you not got a smart TV or other relevant avenues where you can access Amazon on OB?.
Den, I can access Amazon without any problem on my Smart TV and on Roku.

My point is, and this is what you don't seem to be grasping, is that I want all the stuff that I am viewing or want to view on 'My Shows' on the V6. I can do that with Netflix, which is supported by VM, but not with Amazon.

---------- Post added at 08:10 ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 ----------

Quote:
Thanks for info.

That DNP order has not been lifted it some other channels.

Is FreeSports on the SDT?

Waiting on information from our sources.
Why do I get the feeling that these DNP orders you currently have are going to be one big disappointment...?
Old 22-08-2017, 08:19   #2283
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

My point is, and this is what you don't seem to be grasping, is that I want all the stuff that I am viewing or want to view on 'My Shows' on the V6. I can do that with Netflix, which is supported by VM, but not with Amazon.
l grasp fully what you are saying OB but your stance is full of contradictions based on your constant portrayal that Linear TV is dying and that you have many other ways to access good streaming content so what is the problem as others don't seem to moan about that situation as you know as well as l know that Amazon and Now TV are not coming to Virgin anytime soon.

---------- Post added at 08:19 ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 ----------

Quote:

Why do I get the feeling that these DNP orders you currently have are going to be one big disappointment...?
Perhaps you need to look into your crystal ball again.
Old 22-08-2017, 10:28   #2284
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:

Sky Atlantic, That ITV channel we don't have, Fox news and every remaining channel which is on sky which we don't have, Oh and AMC and a virgin media exclusive HBO channel. Also all the american channels like NBC, FOX, CBS etc so we can watch american tv live

I imagine its all these channels and they're launching within the hour.

Am i close?
Old 22-08-2017, 12:09   #2285
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Sky Atlantic, That ITV channel we don't have, Fox news and every remaining channel which is on sky which we don't have, Oh and AMC and a virgin media exclusive HBO channel. Also all the american channels like NBC, FOX, CBS etc so we can watch american tv live

Am i close?
You forgot CW, freeform,abc,fx and torque
Old 22-08-2017, 13:11   #2286
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
You forgot CW, freeform,abc,fx and torque
And don't forget the Australian, Canadian and NZ networks...

Shortland Street anyone?

---------- Post added at 13:11 ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
The PPV Slate is on TSID 44, which is basically used for app slates (You Tube, Netflix, Worldbox etc) and "Channel Moved" slates, it is also used for pop-up channels such as additional BBC Red Button services. It could be used as a holding slot for PPV events I suppose. More info as I get it...
This was rolled out across the network on Monday, it is flagged as hidden and parked on EPG channel number 31. So it appears to be a slate that will be shown on PPV streams when the PPV content isn't active. (Similar to the Channel Off Air Slate.)

Old 22-08-2017, 14:28   #2287
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

DNP has been lifted but hey what do i know eh so not even going to bother mentioning.
MB will know probably he is the only one in the know afterall according to one or two here.
Old 22-08-2017, 17:02   #2288
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post

Am i close?
None of these, sadly.

---------- Post added at 17:02 ---------- Previous post was at 16:50 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l grasp fully what you are saying OB but your stance is full of contradictions based on your constant portrayal that Linear TV is dying and that you have many other ways to access good streaming content so what is the problem as others don't seem to moan about that situation as you know as well as l know that Amazon and Now TV are not coming to Virgin anytime soon.
Er, when did I say that linear TV (from which I take it we are referring to the traditional broadcast channels) are dying? And what has that to do with my post about Amazon not appearing on the V6? You keep saying that there are many ways to access Amazon, and of course you are correct in saying that. In fact I have three ways of accessing it right now. However, none of these methods allow me to bookmark Amazon content in 'My Shows' on the V6. That, and that alone, is my point.

There is no contradiction in my message, Den, but you do seem to be confusing completely what I have said.

Just for the record, I have said that the future of TV is on demand/streaming services, which is supported by many people in the industry. For now, the conventional channels are thriving, but this will not last. My view that linear channels will die off is based on what I believe will have happened by about 2036. So not to worry, we're not there yet and you can rest easy! [/QUOTE]
Old 22-08-2017, 18:52   #2289
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Willy waiving and handbags at dawn. I'll give it to you guys, you make your point and stick to your guys. Keeps the thread active and lively.

Just a wee update. Next month Boxnation was supposed to offer their first PPV event. On SKY Boxnation HD doubles up as their PPV channel. Subscribers to Boxnation get the HD channel at no additional charge. Those without a Boxnation subscription can watch fights on the channel on a PPV basis. It's a weird set up. I thought Boxnation HD might launch on Virgin Media ahead of September's PPV show however I've seen suggestions the fight will air on BT Sport and Boxnation. Looks like no PPV after all. Could mean Boxnation HD still no closer to being on Virgin Media.... yet
Old 22-08-2017, 19:44   #2290
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Willy waiving and handbags at dawn. I'll give it to you guys, you make your point and stick to your guys. Keeps the thread active and lively.

Just a wee update. Next month Boxnation was supposed to offer their first PPV event. On SKY Boxnation HD doubles up as their PPV channel. Subscribers to Boxnation get the HD channel at no additional charge. Those without a Boxnation subscription can watch fights on the channel on a PPV basis. It's a weird set up. I thought Boxnation HD might launch on Virgin Media ahead of September's PPV show however I've seen suggestions the fight will air on BT Sport and Boxnation. Looks like no PPV after all. Could mean Boxnation HD still no closer to being on Virgin Media.... yet
Maybe this is what the PPV slate that jj20x has spotted?

---------- Post added at 18:03 ---------- Previous post was at 17:57 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
No problem.

MTV Beats is on TS ID 18 with a service ID of 1812.

Testing on EPG slot 841 in the International section of the EPG. It has flags for the Mix, M+, L/Fun & XL/Full House packs.

It is testing on 5 internal VM networks.
It's a Hindi music channel, so I guess that's why it's in the international section as opposed to the music genre.

Perhaps VM have signed a new deal with Viacom.

I wonder why they put the V Festival on Ch 100? Maybe it's simply just for extra exposure as VM have sponsored it, or does it allow those in lower packs to view it??

---------- Post added at 18:36 ---------- Previous post was at 18:03 ----------

Quote:
Thanks for info.

That DNP order has not been lifted it some other channels.

Is FreeSports on the SDT?

Waiting on information from our sources.
Freesports has just started testing on satellite (where I believe VM will be getting their feed), so VM haven't been able to start testing thus far. I think that we might see something very soon now that VM are able to start tests as the channel starts at the end of this month.

---------- Post added at 18:44 ---------- Previous post was at 18:36 ----------

Quote:
a516Digital is reporting that Norwich's local TV channel Mustard TV is being sold That's TV.

http://www.a516digital.com/2017/08/n...o-be-sold.html
From what I've read, That's TV seem to survive my simulcasting Talking Pictures with a short local news bulletin repeated throughout the day.

On one occasion, it was reported that they had Mondays news on a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday! On the Thursday, Norwich viewers were given the news from York!!

I guess one positive thing is that (depending on the Freeview tx arrangements in the Norwich area), some people may now be able to receive Talking Pictures if they can't receive the temporary HD muxes.
Old 22-08-2017, 21:41   #2291
jj20x

Quote:
DNP has been lifted but hey what do i know eh so not even going to bother mentioning.
MB will know probably he is the only one in the know afterall according to one or two here.
Oh go on... shock us.

Old 22-08-2017, 21:58   #2292
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Spill the beans The One! Hard day at work for most of us including your good self no doubt so we need something to gladden our hearts or to whinge about. It could be you that does it!
Old 22-08-2017, 22:06   #2293
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Maybe this is what the PPV slate that jj20x has spotted?
At the moment it's just a slate. When I initially found out about it I asked the guy who did the scan if he could take a look at the slate to see what it says. Unfortunately, it is encrypted.

Quote:
It's a Hindi music channel, so I guess that's why it's in the international section as opposed to the music genre.

Perhaps VM have signed a new deal with Viacom.

I wonder why they put the V Festival on Ch 100? Maybe it's simply just for extra exposure as VM have sponsored it, or does it allow those in lower packs to view it??
Yeah I know it is a Hindi channel, it's exactly where I expected it to be. The "International section" is taken from a field in the EPG descriptor in the SDT.

I'm not sure if this would be a deal with Viacom or with Viacom 18, I just know I would prefer to have MTV Classic added.

Channel 100 is available to all viewers so yes, it does give extra exposure to the V Festival and to MTV Live.

Old 22-08-2017, 22:11   #2294
Aguero9320
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Paramount+, Apple TV+
Aguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really nice

MTV Beats would probably be linked to Viacom18.

We may even get Colors HD, Rishtey Cineplex and News 18 as part of the deal too.
Old 22-08-2017, 22:15   #2295
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
From what I've read, That's TV seem to survive my simulcasting Talking Pictures with a short local news bulletin repeated throughout the day.

On one occasion, it was reported that they had Mondays news on a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday! On the Thursday, Norwich viewers were given the news from York!!

I guess one positive thing is that (depending on the Freeview tx arrangements in the Norwich area), some people may now be able to receive Talking Pictures if they can't receive the temporary HD muxes.
I think Norwich is still taking the original service. I believe that the new Scarborough service has been getting the news from That's York. They renamed That's Scarborough to That's North Yorkshire at launch. Indicating that they possibly plan to merge the areas. So much for "local".

The temp HD muxes serving Norwich from Tacolneston should have better coverage than the local mux.

---------- Post added at 22:15 ---------- Previous post was at 22:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero9320 View Post
MTV Beats would probably be linked to Viacom18.

We may even get Colors HD, Rishtey Cineplex and News 18 as part of the deal too.
It is linked to Viacom18 but Viacom may be negotiating on their behalf.

I would have expected Colors HD & Rishtey Cineplex to have been added at the same time if they were included in the deal. One to watch.

Closed Thread