Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Not Playing Fair With Existing Customers!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Virgin Media Not Playing Fair With Existing Customers!

Old 13-05-2012, 11:49   #31
horseman
cf.geek

horseman has reached the bronze age
horseman has reached the bronze agehorseman has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin Media Not Playing Fair With Existing Customers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nopanic View Post
You're both wrong, you only get a service based on the modems set to be provisioned for that service. So if you have a modem that isn't able to get 30Mb, the platform will not provision you. End of.
Can you perhaps kindly elaborate a little more on how the Vendor specific TLV codes are set on CM/Hubs, how the TFTP server/CMTS interact with Billing/OSSI to generate CM configuration templates and (presumably) generate the encrypted binary config files automagically for new CM's or those requiring software upgrades when CM negotiates the final Registration stanzas at end of it's initialisation process?

I just have a suspicion that when TW/BY merged and VM subsequently homologated their back end provisioning/Billing systems that some older legacy CM's were inadvertently missed from "inventory/audit" which might have some implications for mass auto-updating Speed Doubling some long term users with legacy CM's?

Enquiring mind seeking enlightenment…… ?
horseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-05-2012, 12:14   #32
Nopanic
Inactive

Nopanic has reached the bronze age
Nopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin Media Not Playing Fair With Existing Customers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispy2000 View Post
Sorry if this is going back a few days, but this isn't what happened to me. I had the SuperHub delivered to me mid week and was going to leave till the weekend. But the day after receiving it I lost connection. I phone up and was told I had been upgraded to 30Mb. I was given no warning. I was under the impression that I had to fit the hub then contact them for the upgrade.
Just the normal communication from VM
Depends on which type of order is keyed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseman View Post
Can you perhaps kindly elaborate a little more on how the Vendor specific TLV codes are set on CM/Hubs, how the TFTP server/CMTS interact with Billing/OSSI to generate CM configuration templates and (presumably) generate the encrypted binary config files automagically for new CM's or those requiring software upgrades when CM negotiates the final Registration stanzas at end of it's initialisation process?

I just have a suspicion that when TW/BY merged and VM subsequently homologated their back end provisioning/Billing systems that some older legacy CM's were inadvertently missed from "inventory/audit" which might have some implications for mass auto-updating Speed Doubling some long term users with legacy CM's?

Enquiring mind seeking enlightenment…… ?
No
Nopanic is offline   Reply With Quote