Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BT to start selling 330Mbps infinity from June 11/2012????

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other ISPs Discussion

BT to start selling 330Mbps infinity from June 11/2012????

Old 22-05-2012, 14:12   #16
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Re: BT to start selling 330Mbps infinity from June 11/2012????

Got you.

Outside of the 'transition' product, another special offer, it's £60/month for the 330Mb/30Mb and £33/month for 330Mb/20Mb without the introductory offer.

The point about transition is important as it applies only to new installs which keep a copper phone line.

The 110Mb/15Mb is £13.15/month as a 'transition' product.

Either way I look forward to the cost of the 330Mb/30Mb product on an ongoing basis at retail level.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-05-2012, 00:15   #17
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Not far off VM's tactics then (aka £12 off if you take an unnecessary £15 phone line...). Though in this case the discount is actually bigger than the cost of the copper line (wholesale, anyway). Given that basically makes it a de-facto requirement to have a copper PSTN line with FTTP broadband as it is with FTTC, at least it makes broadband prices easier to compare.

Yes, I'm eagerly awaiting retail pricing too, but given BT's track record on the 80/20 product BT Retail isn't going to announce pricing until a bit after the product's actually available, but unlike 80/20 I don't know of any other consumer/residential ISPs providing service on the FTTP product.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2012, 11:18   #18
ShadowTD
Inactive

Services: 200Mb & SH2ac
ShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond repute

And for most of us it's pointless until we get some more information about FTTP-on demand pricing.

I've already started saving...
ShadowTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2012, 11:45   #19
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowTD View Post
And for most of us it's pointless until we get some more information about FTTP-on demand pricing.

I've already started saving...
You should have started saving a long time ago
Old 23-05-2012, 13:26   #20
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

£500 - £1500 and up are the numbers I've read for FTTPoD.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2012, 16:34   #21
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

At least one source has said closer to £200-300 might be possible in some cases. Of course the cost will will vary (and will be essentially "at cost").

Thankfully my I've just had the credit limit on my mastercard doubled... xD
Old 24-05-2012, 11:01   #22
ShadowTD
Inactive

ShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond repute

I'm 240m from my cabinet. I guess I'm prepared to pay up to £3 a metre as a one off charge provided my monthly payment doesn't go up too much. Are current FTTP customers allowed to have broadband only with no phone line?
Old 24-05-2012, 14:09   #23
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

Yes, but it costs more than broadband plus phone combined.
Old 24-05-2012, 16:29   #24
ShadowTD
Inactive

Old 31-05-2012, 19:26   #25
RB2004
Inactive

Services: Services: 200 Mbit Gamer on Hub 3, 3x Arris V6 Boxes, CISCO V HD, VIP Package
RB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation era
Don't know what bt was doing earlier on, this area is already fully fttc enabled with 80mbit available.

But earlier on today I saw about 4 vans parked up on the grass and one of those big drums of cable, the big 5ft high drums. Probably wasn't copper cable looked like either the tubing they blow fibre through or fibre cable.

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

Are bt also planning to roll out FTTP in FTTC areas?

As I was wondering if that was what they was doing. With FTTC in place they are now putting in FTTP
RB2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2012, 23:14   #26
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB2004 View Post

Are bt also planning to roll out FTTP in FTTC areas?
No.

Quote:
As I was wondering if that was what they was doing. With FTTC in place they are now putting in FTTP
Could be anything. If the van had BT net on it, it's probably a business leased line. Anyone installing FTTC/FTTP stuff would be from Openreach, not BT.

Even if it was Openreach (and not BT like you say) it could be adding more fibre capacity to an existing cab, or building a new cab because the existing one's full.
Old 31-05-2012, 23:35   #27
Telly_
Permanently Banned

Telly_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
No.

Could be anything. If the van had BT net on it, it's probably a business leased line. Anyone installing FTTC/FTTP stuff would be from Openreach, not BT.

Even if it was Openreach (and not BT like you say) it could be adding more fibre capacity to an existing cab, or building a new cab because the existing one's full.
You do realise Openreach vans also have BT on them don't you? They something like "OPENREACH a BT group business"An by the way the guy never said the vans had BT on them, YOU ASSUMED.

---------- Post added at 23:35 ---------- Previous post was at 23:33 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowTD View Post
Its cheaper to have phone and broadband because they hope you'll make calls or take a call package increasing the ARPU.
Telly_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 00:05   #28
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telly Bear View Post
You do realise Openreach vans also have BT on them don't you? They something like "OPENREACH a BT group business"An by the way the guy never said the vans had BT on them, YOU ASSUMED.
He specifically said BT, not Openreach, and while Openreach is a BT group business their official name is Openreach and does not include BT anywhere.

The only thing I assumed is when someone says BT they're referring to a company that actually has BT in the name. Openreach does not.

---------- Post added at 00:05 ---------- Previous post was at 00:04 ----------

Quote:
Its cheaper to have phone and broadband because they hope you'll make calls or take a call package increasing the ARPU.
You do realise we're talking about Openreach prices, right? Openreach do not provide calls. They do not provide calls packages. They get zero calls revenue from supplying a phone line.
Old 01-06-2012, 00:22   #29
Telly_
Permanently Banned

Telly_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
He specifically said BT, not Openreach, and while Openreach is a BT group business their official name is Openreach and does not include BT anywhere.

The only thing I assumed is when someone says BT they're referring to a company that actually has BT in the name. Openreach does not.
Every openreach van has BT on it every Openreach building has BT on it. Openreach has never been split from BT. BT is Openreach and Openreach is BT.

Openreach is part of the British Telecommunications group of company's. British Telecommunications is the parent company of all subsidiaries within the group.

I'm really not interested in arguing with you as you're not an expert in the field of networks,you're at best self educated via the internet and this becomes very apparent in some of your posts.
Telly_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 00:32   #30
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
I'm really not interested in arguing with you as you're not an expert in the field of networks,you're at best self educated via the internet and this becomes very apparent in some of your posts.
You cant be serious
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote