Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Flashing Blue Light

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Right hand, left hand.

Old 14-08-2011, 01:48   #1
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation
Right hand, left hand.

I'm moving from a cabled to a non-cabled area soon. VM have told me that switching to their National service will cause me to lose my loyalty bonus and lose my email addy. I've been advised too to back up emails and contacts as the cable account will eventually become dormant. There will also be an imposed download limit unless I pay a good bit more than I do now for my future service.

VM have told me that their cable and non-cable services are administered as separate entities; apparently the Virgin name is the only link so the empire doesn't seem to be very joined-up at present.

Now this is not good. I'm struggling to see the incentive to remain with Virgin whom I have been with man and boy; there are quite a few options out there.

I've always been happy with my cable service and moving away will hurt. Virgin could have made it easier for me to want to remain a customer especially as I was on the cusp of getting additional services from them.

I dunno, they're missing a trick somewhere. Or should I just stfu and get on with it?
Kursk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-08-2011, 02:16   #2
phileas
Inactive

Services: VM 50Meg HBB
phileas is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Right hand, left hand.

There is none, you'll be going on a resold adsl package akin to other isps access package(where they are unable to offer llu hbb). I suggest you phone around the major isps to see if you can get a deal on a adsl2+/phone pavkage. Remeber to read the small print though.
phileas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2011, 09:48   #3
Nopanic
Inactive

Nopanic has reached the bronze age
Nopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze age

Personally, I think there are better ADSL packages out there. The comment about them being two different companies is slightly misleading. They are two different platforms supported by the same back-end teams.

Moving the email address is a problem because of the way ADSL uses authentication with the user name. Its something under review.
Nopanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2011, 10:00   #4
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

give Sky a ring dude and see if you can get phone, BB and TV with them
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2011, 10:19   #5
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

We on the cable side cannot even open the ADSL accounts to see what equipment you have as we do not have the permissions required and all support is from another centre.

I do not want to be cross trained on ADSL and have to have even more screens open on my work system as it would be rather ridiculous.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2011, 11:38   #6
Nopanic
Inactive

Nopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
We on the cable side cannot even open the ADSL accounts to see what equipment you have as we do not have the permissions required and all support is from another centre.

I do not want to be cross trained on ADSL and have to have even more screens open on my work system as it would be rather ridiculous.
Its not all that much different to be fair, takes a bit of Telco knowledge, which you've got anyway.
Old 14-08-2011, 11:44   #7
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nopanic View Post
Its not all that much different to be fair, takes a bit of Telco knowledge, which you've got anyway.
We would still require training on their setup plus they can use anything off the shelf unlike our customers, luckily Telco appears to no longer have anything to do with us.
Old 14-08-2011, 11:58   #8
Nopanic
Inactive

Quote:
We would still require training on their setup plus they can use anything off the shelf unlike our customers, luckily Telco appears to no longer have anything to do with us.
Training .. pfff
Old 14-08-2011, 12:18   #9
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Training .. pfff
Plus we are not in Swansea.
Old 14-08-2011, 13:00   #10
Nopanic
Inactive

Quote:
Plus we are not in Swansea.

Not sure location is important I'd be fighting to take work on .. not push it away ..

Ideal agent can take any take of call and deal with any kind of fault ..
Old 14-08-2011, 14:29   #11
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Not sure location is important I'd be fighting to take work on .. not push it away ..

Ideal agent can take any take of call and deal with any kind of fault ..
We do enough at present.
Old 14-08-2011, 17:28   #12
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

In the eyes of managers who are just looking at P&L sheets, "doing enough" is never enough.
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2011, 17:44   #13
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skie View Post
In the eyes of managers who are just looking at P&L sheets, "doing enough" is never enough.
ADSL is a step to far.
Old 14-08-2011, 17:53   #14
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

No way will I take a pop at you guys; I admire the work you put in here. But you need to get a more effective set up. It's not good that a long time customer might leave because you can't provide services under one umbrella.

I agree that it would be a 'misleading' comment to say cable and National are 2 different companies but who said that? I referred to '2 entities' and you referred to '2 platforms'. The point is the 2 entities/platforms operate independently. They may have the same back end staff and the name Virgin as their branding but as per the title of this thread, the right hand and left hand don't seem to be working together.

Grateful to everyone for their comments. It looks like, in the absence of any incentive, I have to look at the deals provided by others.

Is that what the VM boss really wants?
Kursk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2011, 18:41   #15
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
No way will I take a pop at you guys; I admire the work you put in here. But you need to get a more effective set up. It's not good that a long time customer might leave because you can't provide services under one umbrella.

I agree that it would be a 'misleading' comment to say cable and National are 2 different companies but who said that? I referred to '2 entities' and you referred to '2 platforms'. The point is the 2 entities/platforms operate independently. They may have the same back end staff and the name Virgin as their branding but as per the title of this thread, the right hand and left hand don't seem to be working together.

Grateful to everyone for their comments. It looks like, in the absence of any incentive, I have to look at the deals provided by others.

Is that what the VM boss really wants?
They are 2 different services that use completely different kit, one is on the Virginmedia cable network and the other uses BT's phone infrastructure, they may at some point combine but well into the network structure.

The only dealings I have with a virgin National customer is when I transfer them to the correct call centre.

If I was you I would look for the best offering in your area.