Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | SKY F1 HD Channel, Any Chance?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

SKY F1 HD Channel, Any Chance?

Old 20-03-2012, 19:12   #841
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Re: SKY F1 HD Channel, Any Chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risco View Post
Pretty peeved off with the lack of quality with the SD version. Looks like I am going to have to avoid switching on the TV radio or any sport sites on a Sunday until the BBC version comes on.

Surely Sky make money out of leasing these channels, so I don't understand why they hold it back from Virgin.
That's strange, as myself and Denphone are happy with the SD quality

It's not down to the money that Sky make by selling it to VM. It's the fact that they can poach customers from VM by making it exclusive to Sky. In a year or two they will probably let VM have it.
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-03-2012, 21:27   #842
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Just found this on Sky Anytime on the XL on demand menu On TiVo

Quote:
Go to Home > TV for XL > High Definition & 3D

Australian Grand Prix 2012
Old 21-03-2012, 00:56   #843
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Just found this on Sky Anytime on the XL on demand menu On TiVo
I thought you were on a wind up, but you are right
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2012, 07:39   #844
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute

I think the picture quality is better than the SD version and you get the 5.1 sound effects. Perhaps its only on Tivo that the SD quality was so good
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2012, 08:53   #845
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcimedes View Post
I think the picture quality is better than the SD version and you get the 5.1 sound effects. Perhaps its only on Tivo that the SD quality was so good
Does VM's SD version carry 5.1 audio as i didnt think it did?
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2012, 10:00   #846
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Does VM's SD version carry 5.2 audio as i didnt think it did?
As far as I remember no.
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2012, 10:03   #847
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
As far as I remember no.
Oops i meant 5.1 lol
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2012, 10:24   #848
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
The SD quality On Sky F1 was very impressive on my VHD box, certainly better than some of the quality you get for Sky's football matches.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2012, 10:27   #849
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
The SD quality On Sky F1 was very impressive on my VHD box, certainly better than some of the quality you get for Sky's football matches.
l will echo that sentiment as well.