Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Superhub & Virgin Media Business

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Superhub & Virgin Media Business

Old 02-06-2011, 23:34   #16
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age
Re: Superhub & Virgin Media Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Business support is purely UK..
Talking about the second coming of the superhub, praise be to the superhub.
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2011, 00:36   #17
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

My hub that was rebooting every few hours has been online in another area for 6 days. I think there is a compatibility issue with the old amps where I live. Vmng300 has been solid in my house. Roll on the 100meg rollout, wonder if it will reboot after that!
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:05   #18
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
My hub that was rebooting every few hours has been online in another area for 6 days. I think there is a compatibility issue with the old amps where I live. Vmng300 has been solid in my house. Roll on the 100meg rollout, wonder if it will reboot after that!
My rebooting problem seems to have sorted itself out.

Only 1 spontaneous reboot in the last 10 days. No changes my end so your amp theory could be right. Definately some sort of a network issue IMO.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:39   #19
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

This isn't a thread on Superhub issues but instead the coming usage of Superhubs by Virgin Media Business, can we please stay on topic.
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 16:59   #20
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era

Thanks Kymmy...

My original question was whether there was any more information available about the Superhub that the VM Business service will use, which I gather is a different device to the residential one in part due to the fact that the device will need to form an L2TP tunnel to support the static IP services that VM Business will be offering.

As this service isn't yet launched information might not be available, which is fine. But any clarification would be really useful.

Also I gather there is a further 3 week delay in launch of the new VMB services, and I wonder if Superhub issues are the reason.
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 17:06   #21
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

As the base for the service appears to be a version of the s****hub and they are still having firmware problems with the residential version, it could be the cause of the delay.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 23:10   #22
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era

That's exactly what I am wondering to be honest. There was a comment here that it was a completely different device, but it is still referred to as a Superhub.
Old 03-06-2011, 23:34   #23
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

It makes sense to me that the replacement SH would be used for VM Business.

But we're all trying to get inside VM's head. Some might say, VM's head is stuck in the sand and that they reckon their current SH to be the dogs because the majority of users aren't complaining.

Others might say that there is more than tacit recognition of the current SH's shortcomings because a replacement is on the way (no pun intended - go figure).

In the latter case, it would be remarkable (or pig headed) if the current SH would be supplied with a VM Business service.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 23:37   #24
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
In the latter case, it would be remarkable (or pig headed) if the current SH would be supplied with a VM Business service.
Both Superhubs will be issued alongside each other with no distinction between them as they will be using the same firmware and interface so the would be no issue.

The only difference will be in that the are two suppliers.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 23:44   #25
ccarmock
cf.geek

Masque - this is about the Superhub to be issued with the Virgin media business service not the residential service. There will be a difference as the Business one will support the creation of an L2TP tunnel. I don't believe the residential one has that capability.

This isn't a thread knocking the Superhub at all just about trying to get some understanding of the forthcoming Business Superhub if any information is available, neither is it about the forthcoming identical Superhub from another supplier, unless of course the business service will use the same device after all and there is L2TP capability that is hidden from view.
Old 03-06-2011, 23:46   #26
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccarmock View Post
Masque - this is about the Superhub to be issued with the Virgin media business service not the residential service. There will be a difference as the Business one will support the creation of an L2TP tunnel. I don't believe the residential one has that capability.
It will be built by both suppliers though.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 23:50   #27
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:

This isn't a thread knocking the Superhub at all just about trying to get some understanding of the forthcoming Business Superhub if any information is available, neither is it about the forthcoming identical Superhub from another supplier, unless of course the business service will use the same device after all and there is L2TP capability that is hidden from view.
Masque works with residential so you can't blame him for lack of knowledge for business.

If I were a business customer though wishing to upgrade I'd be afraid, very afraid!
Old 03-06-2011, 23:50   #28
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

if the supplier is diferent ie. not netgear then the firmware will also be different because of different chips.

not to mention that the current firmware is netgear branded.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 23:51   #29
ccarmock
cf.geek

So is the Superhub to be used by Virgin Media Business the same as the current residential one?
Old 03-06-2011, 23:53   #30
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Quote:
So is the Superhub to be used by Virgin Media Business the same as the current residential one?
Who knows? VM are not releasing that info ATM. It is doing VM no favours as it leads to speculation that it will be.