Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Ch5's Gadget Show to Review the TiVo V6 next week(17th March)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Ch5's Gadget Show to Review the TiVo V6 next week(17th March)

Old 20-03-2017, 16:25   #46
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
Re: Ch5's Gadget Show to Review the TiVo V6 next week(17th March)

Thank you for the replies.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-03-2017, 17:10   #47
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
TiVo and V6 absolutely do not have a dynamic EPG.
The guide is only updated 4 times a day on these boxes and can't accommodate last minute schedule changes.
Not according to Spiderplant. Apparently, it is dynamic to an extent if the change isn't too last minute.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 17:43   #48
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Not according to Spiderplant. Apparently, it is dynamic to an extent if the change isn't too last minute.
For me a dynamic epg is one that is able to be altered at a moments notice. eg a live event over runs and can be altered, similar to the way the freeview epg works.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 21:58   #49
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I believe the schedule can be updated on the fly by the broadcaster just like with Sky+HD.
N

The operative words are 'can be' - totally dependent on the channel provider.

Manual recording ensures you do not miss the end when a match goes into extra time.

Use it all the time - one reason I wouldn't get SkyQ.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 22:09   #50
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
N

Manual recording ensures you do not miss the end when a match goes into extra time.

For me Sport has to be watched live with the exception of games from the US in the early hours which are generally repeated the following day and available On Demand.

I accept everyone is different however , I'm not sure why manual recording was ommited from Sky Q. Maybe it wasn't used a lot I honestly don't know.

Last edited by muppetman11; 20-03-2017 at 22:34.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 22:18   #51
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
For me Sport has to be watched live with the exception of games from the US in the early hours which are generally repeated the following day and available On Demand.
Best watching on Freeview if possible then, it's several seconds ahead of Sky/VM.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 22:31   #52
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Best watching on Freeview if possible then, it's several seconds ahead of Sky/VM.
Agreed but I'd struggle watching BT Sport and Sky Sports on there.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2017, 10:45   #53
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
N

Although you can extend a recording on the Tivo and V6. A little bit quicker than setting it manually, I'd say.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 18:22   #54
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Although you can extend a recording on the Tivo and V6. A little bit quicker than setting it manually, I'd say.
Yes, although the options (1 hour, 1.5 hours or 3 hours) are a little limited - would be good to be able to choose in half hourly increments.

A lot of the time I would like an extra 10 minutes in case of a slight overrun - always had sky+HD set to 10 mins before and after - even added this padding on both recordings when consecutive on same channel.

The padding of 5 minutes split between pre and post recording could also be less restrictive.
Old 23-03-2017, 08:42   #55
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Yes, although the options (1 hour, 1.5 hours or 3 hours) are a little limited - would be good to be able to choose in half hourly increments.

A lot of the time I would like an extra 10 minutes in case of a slight overrun - always had sky+HD set to 10 mins before and after - even added this padding on both recordings when consecutive on same channel.

The padding of 5 minutes split between pre and post recording could also be less restrictive.
You can do this under the 'modify recordings' option.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 16:04   #56
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
You can do this under the 'modify recordings' option.

Indeed you can, I didn't realise that thanks.

Strange you can't set it for standard 10 mins before and after for all recordings but can change it after setting recording.

Still good to know it is possible in a fashion.
Old 24-03-2017, 00:45   #57
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Mine gives me the options of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 15, 30 minutes, 1, 1.5 and 3 hours in modify recordings.
Old 24-03-2017, 18:07   #58
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Mine gives me the options of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 15, 30 minutes, 1, 1.5 and 3 hours in modify recordings.

Yes, but my point was why not allow it as a std setting.

Having to modify each recording is too tedious.
Old 25-03-2017, 16:15   #59
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Yours appears to have less choices for extending recordings.
Old 25-03-2017, 16:48   #60
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Upgraded 2 old TiVo's for 2 of these boxes for £74.89 looking forward to the increased speed
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote