Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Uddingston ML5 2 Upstream Channels

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Uddingston ML5 2 Upstream Channels

Old 07-03-2014, 13:48   #256
Gstevie
cf.member

Services: Virgin Media: TV-XL, 100Mb (Superhub 2), TiVo
Gstevie is on a distinguished roadGstevie is on a distinguished road
Re: Uddingston ML5 2 Upstream Channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Dee 11 View Post
It can take a couple of months for them to get back to you

https://www.samknows.eu/sign-up/
Thanks, Iv filled it out.
Have you been part of it for a while? Do you find it useful for your own purposes?
Gstevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2014, 13:53   #257
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

I have been on it for a year, And yes it is very useful.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:38   #258
Martin_D
cf.geek

Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

what is causing the big spikes in Maximum Latency

Old 10-03-2014, 12:18   #259
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Something running on one of your devices every 5 hours.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 14:18   #260
Rabb
cf.member

Services: VIP Package
Rabb is an unknown quantity at this point

read this yesterday, check postcode checker, could not believe it available in my street the now. rang up, Got great guy called Paul, had me upgraded in minutes. over the moon 152mb, 160mb on speedtest, w2g

PS! on virgin account when check still says May-sept 2014. so that way outdated now
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 15:20   #261
Martin_D
cf.geek

Back on 16QAM

Upstream
US-1 US-2 US-3 US-4
Channel Type 2.0 N/A N/A 2.0
Channel ID 2 N/A N/A 1
Frequency (Hz) 31000000 N/A N/A 37600000
Ranging Status Success Other Other Success
Modulation 16QAM N/A N/A 16QAM
Symbol Rate (Sym/sec) 5120000 N/A N/A 5120000
Mini-Slot Size 4 N/A N/A 4
Power Level (dBmV) 48.21 N/A N/A 47.00
T1 Timeouts 0 0 0 0
T2 Timeouts 0 0 0 0
T3 Timeouts 0 0 0 0
T4 Timeouts 0 0 0 0
Old 12-03-2014, 17:51   #262
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

The upstream modulations are dynamic and will drop if SNR drops.
Old 12-03-2014, 17:57   #263
Martin_D
cf.geek

now back on 2 64QAM Upstreams

US-1 US-2 US-3 US-4
Channel Type 2.0 N/A N/A 2.0
Channel ID 2 N/A N/A 1
Frequency (Hz) 31000000 N/A N/A 37600000
Ranging Status Success Other Other Success
Modulation 64QAM N/A N/A 64QAM
Symbol Rate (Sym/sec) 5120000 N/A N/A 5120000
Mini-Slot Size 4 N/A N/A 4
Power Level (dBmV) 47.00 N/A N/A 47.00
T1 Timeouts 0 0 0 0
T2 Timeouts 0 0 0 0
T3 Timeouts 0 0 0 0
T4 Timeouts 0 0 0 0
Old 12-03-2014, 18:30   #264
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Dee 11 View Post
now back on 2 64QAM Upstreams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
The upstream modulations are dynamic and will drop if SNR drops.
They rise again when the SNR goes back up past a set threshold. Can also be configured based on error rates.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs...#pgfId-1073116

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs...#pgfId-1046561
Old 30-04-2014, 23:22   #265
Gstevie
cf.member

Just had a look on the speed upgrade site for dates and some how the area I am in its actually showing as now happening in Jan 2015 to June 2015! Now I have the upgrade and have done for months, whats going on?

Only looking because my friend that lives across the road did not phone up when I did and i was going to get them to do so now but seeing this is Virgin Media cracking down on updates or has something happened in the Uddingston area?
Old 01-05-2014, 10:07   #266
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gstevie View Post
Just had a look on the speed upgrade site for dates and some how the area I am in its actually showing as now happening in Jan 2015 to June 2015! Now I have the upgrade and have done for months, whats going on?

Only looking because my friend that lives across the road did not phone up when I did and i was going to get them to do so now but seeing this is Virgin Media cracking down on updates or has something happened in the Uddingston area?
There's been a delay with the rollout. I don't think it should stop your friend phoning in, it's always worth doing and costs you nothing either way.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 17:34   #267
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

ouch, just checked mine and it is now December-May 2015. That is the second time it has been put back. I don't know why on earth they are allowed to announce upgrades and leave it for over a year till they get round to doing it. I wish they would do it like the old days and just do it when they get round to it and then send a flyer through your door telling you have been upgraded and then it is a nice surprise (I had that when 1mbit first came out about 11 years ago)
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:45   #268
Martin_D
cf.geek

Now Had 3 outages today.

Old 09-06-2014, 00:22   #269
DABhand
Inactive

DABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of light

At least your area seems to be fine, mine is a nightmare.
DABhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 05:49   #270
Gstevie
cf.member

I don't seem to be having the same problems as u MartinDee, must be more localised than the whole area. My graphs are all pretty steady recently. The latest one here is the most noisy from the past week.