Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 20-05-2013, 20:35   #1561
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
That comment really made me laugh! Not much of an advert for Talk Talk Do you think she was 'on message'?
I only recently find out who peppa was...obviously i have no kids (thank god )
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-05-2013, 21:01   #1562
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
I only recently find out who peppa was...obviously i have no kids (thank god )
Well, just make sure you don't do a 'series record' for Peppa Pig! It would even clog up my 1 TB box!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2013, 21:59   #1563
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Well, just make sure you don't do a 'series record' for Peppa Pig! It would even clog up my 1 TB box!
I think you can safely say, I won't

---------- Post added at 20:59 ---------- Previous post was at 20:18 ----------

I got a leaflet through the door today for BT sport

It mentions that BT line rental in advance is £141. That is £12 more than I paid. Possible price rise happening soon?
Old 20-05-2013, 22:00   #1564
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
"Keep at most = 5"

I've learnt from bitter experience!
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2013, 16:11   #1565
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

6% of Sky customers consider switching to BT, survey finds

BT's decision to provide free sports channel access to broadband customers could help the firm attract new subscribers, it has been suggested.

Research conducted by Usurv indicates that six per cent of Sky TV customers are considering terminating their subscription to sign up with BT instead.

Some 15 per cent of Sky customers surveyed said they were interested in receiving BT Sport, which launches in August 2013, reports Advanced Television.

The Usurv poll also indicated that eight per cent of non-Sky/BT customers will switch from their existing broadband provider in order to access BT Sport.

Guy Potter, Research Director at Usurv, said the study shows consumers are interested in BT's new sports package.

He commented that the initial feedback to the free service offer "seems very positive".

"While it is early days, as BT ramps up its multi-million pound ad campaign to promote the channels and more people get a clearer picture of what’s on offer, you might expect interest to build," Mr Potter stated.

"Our findings show that it certainly wouldn’t be a surprise to see customers from Sky and other broadband providers switching to BT to benefit from these new channels."

http://www.uswitch.com/broadband/new...ubscriptions_/
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2013, 17:09   #1566
Jameseh

6% of Sky customers love being able to pay to watch Freeview.
Old 22-05-2013, 17:22   #1567
colin25
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
6% of Sky customers love being able to pay to watch Freeview.
I don't get that?

wouldn't they be switching for BT broadband and free BT sport?

And does it say they will cancel all services, or just broadband?
Old 22-05-2013, 17:34   #1568
coulsontom
Inactive

coulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to behold

Unlimited (20mb) BB on Sky is £7.50 and is £16 on BT.
Sky Phone packages are: Weekends: free, Anytime: £5
BT Phone: Evenings & Weekends: £2, Anytime: £7
Line Rental: Sky: £14.50 BT: £15.45 (or £10.75 if pay upfront)

However, BT Sport costs £12 on Sky and is free on BT. (Next year it will cost £15 on Sky and £3 on BT for HD)

Therefore: Sky BB & Anytime calls = £27
BT BB & Anytime calls = £38.45 (at £15.45 line-rental)

Difference = £11.45

Therefore it is 55p cheaper to switch to BT for phone and BB if you want BT Sport.

Though if you factor in 6 months BB for free on BT, you can save £99.30 over the course of 12 months.

Not sure it'd be worth the hassle for most.
coulsontom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2013, 17:51   #1569
colin25
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by coulsontom View Post
Unlimited (20mb) BB on Sky is £7.50 and is £16 on BT.
Sky Phone packages are: Weekends: free, Anytime: £5
BT Phone: Evenings & Weekends: £2, Anytime: £7
Line Rental: Sky: £14.50 BT: £15.45 (or £10.75 if pay upfront)

However, BT Sport costs £12 on Sky and is free on BT. (Next year it will cost £15 on Sky and £3 on BT for HD)

Therefore: Sky BB & Anytime calls = £27
BT BB & Anytime calls = £38.45 (at £15.45 line-rental)

Difference = £11.45

Therefore it is 55p cheaper to switch to BT for phone and BB if you want BT Sport.

Though if you factor in 6 months BB for free on BT, you can save £99.30 over the course of 12 months.

Not sure it'd be worth the hassle for most.
A correction, weekend calls included in BT packages
http://www.productsandservices.bt.co...dband/packages

£99.30 would be reason for me
Old 22-05-2013, 18:13   #1570
coulsontom
Inactive

coulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
A correction, weekend calls included in BT packages
http://www.productsandservices.bt.co...dband/packages

£99.30 would be reason for me
Yes, BT don't offer "evening and weekends" just weekends or anytime.
Old 22-05-2013, 18:22   #1571
Jameseh

Quote:
I don't get that?

wouldn't they be switching for BT broadband and free BT sport?

And does it say they will cancel all services, or just broadband?
Quote:
...that six per cent of Sky TV customers are considering terminating their subscription to sign up with BT instead
BT Vision in non-infinity areas is just Freeview.

---------- Post added at 17:22 ---------- Previous post was at 17:21 ----------

Quote:
They do, E&W is £2 on top of a weekends package.
Old 22-05-2013, 18:24   #1572
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Many existing customers like myself are still on the old deal were evening and weekend calls were included in line rental my potential saving would only be 55p so not worth bothering especially as I'm am currently getting line rental free for the next 9 months.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2013, 18:50   #1573
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

BT Sport 'free' ads could face probe

http://www.marketingweek.co.uk/news/...006754.article
Old 22-05-2013, 19:00   #1574
colin25
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
BT Sport 'free' ads could face probe

http://www.marketingweek.co.uk/news/...006754.article
Strange, i thought it said what was on the tin..free to broadband subscribers
Old 22-05-2013, 19:44   #1575
coulsontom
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
BT Vision in non-infinity areas is just Freeview.

---------- Post added at 17:22 ---------- Previous post was at 17:21 ----------

They do, E&W is £2 on top of a weekends package.
They don't offer that package anymore to new customers. It's all or just weekends.