Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Mates Rates for 2012

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media Mates Rates for 2012

Old 25-04-2012, 09:40   #46
reddevil
Inactive

reddevil is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media Mates Rates for 2012

Hi All

Does anyone know if the terms and conditions have changed for mates rates recently. I was on three services but cancelled my phone to try and save a bit of money. After a few weeks i was going to apply for mates rates but they have informed my friend that you have to have donwngraded from 3 to 2 services for 180 days. I thought this used to be 60 or 90 days? Does anyone know?
reddevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-04-2012, 10:54   #47
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

As far as I know, any disconnection to try and get the Mates Rates, disqualifies you from getting it
Old 25-04-2012, 11:35   #48
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

I'm lead to believe that there have been a lot of changes to mates rates as it was potentially getting abused and the discount (of course any discount is good) was too generous.

Originally the programme had been called friends and family and I understand at that time only 5 or so people could be nominated by any VM employee. When it became mates rates that restriction was dropped. But in turn as the discounts were good I heard stories (that I can't substantiate) that some were almost selling the discount to anybody they met in return for a backhander. Now the discount level has been reduced that financial gain has gone.

To be able to move onto mates rates you need to have a VM Mate (please do not pester staff on Cable Forum to be their mate). You also need to be adding a service to your existing line up and then you will be on a new contract. To prevent people dropping services temporarily so they can make a saving, the timescale has changed to 180 days, which is I believe similar to the timescale that would apply for the "new customer introductory rates" for services on standard tarrifs.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 11:49   #49
reddevil
Inactive

reddevil is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys for your help.

Dont worry i wont pester anyone, i have a mate in VM but he's on holiday at the moment.
reddevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2013, 01:32   #50
Alison67
Inactive

Alison67 can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Zone View Post
If there is no limit, can someone recommend me
A employee can only add 5 members to mates rates, and no more! I work for virgin media
Alison67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2013, 01:59   #51
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison67 View Post
A employee can only add 5 members to mates rates, and no more! I work for virgin media
That's not right. Cable mates rates has no limits. The 5 applies to mobile mates rates.
Old 14-01-2013, 02:25   #52
Alison67
Inactive

Alison67 can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
That's not right. Cable mates rates has no limits. The 5 applies to mobile mates rates.
No it doesn't, its 5 family and friends only for any virgin employee! So if i was you i'd check your info again, because you are wrong! I work in direct sale for virgin, so unless you are richard branson you know naff mate!
Alison67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2013, 07:25   #53
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

no its unlimited doh, ive got 10mates on it
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2013, 09:01   #54
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
IMHO It should not be limitless as each 'friend' on Mates Rates is simply a reduction in the company's profit.

It is an employee benefit if restricted to a few family members but becomes counter-productive when extended to many friends.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2013, 09:53   #55
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

you can only put folk on it who dont have all 3 services, its money virgin never had anyway
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2013, 13:12   #56
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
I have done 8 upto now

---------- Post added at 12:12 ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 ----------

Quote:
No it doesn't, its 5 family and friends only for any virgin employee! So if i was you i'd check your info again, because you are wrong! I work in direct sale for virgin, so unless you are richard branson you know naff mate!
Wow

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2013, 13:57   #57
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Excuse me! No need to speak to me like that. As per other replies it is you that's incorrect!
Old 14-01-2013, 14:02   #58
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Perhaps this disagreement between Virgin Media employees means that the systems are not in place to police the intent of the employee program.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2013, 14:02   #59
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Excuse me! No need to speak to me like that. As per other replies it is you that's incorrect!
There's only one way to sort this out......

Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2013, 14:09   #60
essjay
cf.addict

essjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Utter tripe, I've put over 20 of my friends and family........and thats all I have 20 friends

Well they call themselves friends.............think most of them just want cheap cable
essjay is offline   Reply With Quote