Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1
Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 16:27   #31
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
ESPN is not too bad for a saturday night football match to miss all the crud on the other channels ie the reality tosh dancing/singing shows (and i am not really a football fan!).And i have watched snippets of american sport on it to see if i could like it,but as for lots more content well sky sports have most of the best content sewn up ESPN are content to play second fiddle,though i think they may well get one more package of premiership football when the time comes.

Would i pay around £10 to sub no,but as an add on to TVXL i think it works well.
My package is a few pound cheaper than the equivalent on VM , once the College Football has finished I may just cancel saving me a further 9.00 especially since ESPNA have no NHL.
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2012, 16:27   #32
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Its just a saying Devil but your mischievous mind is at it again.
Old 03-01-2012, 16:43   #33
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
My package is a few pound cheaper than the equivalent on VM , once the College Football has finished I may just cancel saving me a further 9.00 especially since ESPNA have no NHL.
yes muppetman its swings and roundabouts with providers depending on your package,a friend of mine who is well into his football took sky up on the offer of ESPN free for 3 months, after the offer ended he cancelled as he was just watching the odd football match so could not justify paying £9 a month.

But if you want a bit of premiership and american sport with the odd other thrown in £9 a month probably could be justified.

---------- Post added at 15:43 ---------- Previous post was at 15:34 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l would be hopeful that news regarding a carriage agreement for this channel on Virgin Media will be forthcoming in the next few weeks MB as l think it would be unwise to leave it until the last moment.
Lets hope the F1 HD channel does launch on vm but it could well be a last minute thing as already pointed out,as sky will want to suck up as may subs as they can from their investment naturally,and any ads by VM would seriously detract from that.

Old 03-01-2012, 19:08   #34
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
The loss of NHL has damaged ESPN America. Once the Bowl season is over there will only be College BB until the MLB starts in afew months time.
Old 03-01-2012, 19:34   #35
cityfan247
cf.addict

Services: Full House 2 V6 Boxes 1 1TB Tivo Freesat Freeview HD Roku Apple TV 3 Firesticks
cityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
The loss of NHL has damaged ESPN America. Once the Bowl season is over there will only be College BB until the MLB starts in afew months time.
i agree- there is a big hole in the ESPNA schedule for over a quarter of the year- only one sport -college hoops and the some NBA games on the main ESPN channel.a bit poor really. If it wasn't part of the XL pack i would not subscribe to it now and i have subscribed to NASN/ESPNA since its inception.

They really need to bring NHL back next year if they can. As ESPN have exclusive UK rights to NBA is there a reason they dont show more than the handful of games each week on ESPN. With all the available slots on ESPNA now they could at least double the live games shown if not more.
Old 03-01-2012, 19:59   #36
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Exactly, College BB doesn't warrant 9.00 a month , not a problem when you have it included in XL.
Old 03-01-2012, 20:05   #37
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Sky Sports confirmed launch date for Sky Sports F1 HD.

Sky Sports F1 will launch on March 18th.

Still no news on if this channel will also launch on that date on Virgin Media.
The March 18th date was seen on Sky Sports 3 by me last night just before WWE Raw started.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 03-01-2012, 20:06   #38
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Exactly, College BB doesn't warrant 9.00 a month , not a problem when you have it included in XL.
Exactly and you are always welcomed to come over from the dark side master.
Old 03-01-2012, 21:46   #39
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

I see that some of the 3D on demand was taken off on new years day. Others are due to come off by 16th January so I hope there will be some more new programmes soon. There is no date for when the ESPN 3d programmes are due to end though.
Old 03-01-2012, 22:00   #40
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

Quote:
I have a feeling that ESPNA will be able to get the NHL rights for a good price next time they're available. The NHL gambled on getting loads of channels bidding for the rights in each country and it definitely seems to have backfired.
Old 04-01-2012, 00:13   #41
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

UPDATE: Sky Sports F1 to launch on March 1st on Sky and Smallworld Cable.

Look like Sky will launch their F1 Channel on March 1st with the first race weekend being on March 16th til 18th.

Talks are still ongoing with Sky and Virgin Media over this channel.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showp...01&postcount=2
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 04-01-2012, 07:25   #42
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
UPDATE: Sky Sports F1 to launch on March 1st on Sky and Smallworld Cable.

Look like Sky will launch their F1 Channel on March 1st with the first race weekend being on March 16th til 18th.

Talks are still ongoing with Sky and Virgin Media over this channel.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showp...01&postcount=2
Well now we have to wait for the news a lot of us want to hear and lets hope we will get it in HD as well as well as SD.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:44   #43
gaz2810i
Inactive

Services: Panasonic 55VT30, Pioneer VSX-LX53, BDP-LX54, Virgin TiVo 1tb (VIP), Toshiba HD-EX1, VM 50gb BB, PS3
gaz2810i will become famous soon enoughgaz2810i will become famous soon enoughgaz2810i will become famous soon enough

The lack of Sky F1 would seriously make me question whether I want to stay with Virgin. I really hope they announce it soon.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:58   #44
carmad
cf.member

Services: Virgin Media Tivo 1TB/Vivid200
carmad has a spectacular aura about themcarmad has a spectacular aura about themcarmad has a spectacular aura about themcarmad has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
The March 18th date was seen on Sky Sports 3 by me last night just before WWE Raw started.
So it looks like that they may only transmit the Race for the first round as practice 1 & 2 is on the 16th and P3 & qualifying is on the 17th.
Old 04-01-2012, 15:24   #45
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew View Post
I have a feeling that ESPNA will be able to get the NHL rights for a good price next time they're available. The NHL gambled on getting loads of channels bidding for the rights in each country and it definitely seems to have backfired.
I hope you are right Lew , I have missed watching the Bruins play and HNIC, not to mention Don Cherry's wonderful clothing
Closed Thread