Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | cable spec for broadband

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

over roof cable issues

Old 23-10-2014, 11:55   #1
cozmikangel
Inactive

cozmikangel is an unknown quantity at this point
over roof cable issues

I have had cable over the roof since 2000 when it used to be NTL
never had a problem till yesterday i got an email from my landlords lawyer
telling me the owner of the shop downstairs has made a request for the cables to be moved away from the valley between the two properties as he said the cable is sagging and causing problems moss and gunk is collecting

All it needs is the cable to be raised away from the valley and he will be happy
so long as its not dragging down into the valley between the two properties

there is access to this roof through my lounge window
who do i call to do a job like this or is it easy enough to do yourself

Cozmikangel
cozmikangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-10-2014, 13:16   #2
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
Re: over roof cable issues

If there's enough slack move the cable yourself. If moving it means it needs extending then you'll need to get Virgin to do the job. I think VM take a dim view of customers interfearing with their cables and it might have other consequences.
Old 24-10-2014, 12:56   #3
cozmikangel
Inactive

cozmikangel is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: over roof cable issues

Aw ty for replying

it looks like theres enough slack to add some pins to the tiles on the roof
i was looking at some L shaped clips online
its not the fact doing it myself i dont think i have enough gutz to go on the roof

who would i call VM would prob cost an arm and a leg just to move it 6"
when actually it was not secured by the installer in the 1st place

But if i have to i supposed id have no other option but to get someone out

ty again

Cozmikangel [Lyndia]
cozmikangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2014, 23:20   #4
DJSADERS
Ex - McNicholas Guildford

Services: Sky Q 1TB, 2 x Sky Q Minis, Virgin Media Business Voom Fibre 2
DJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to DJSADERS
Re: over roof cable issues

Do remember health and safety says were not allowed on roofs full stop... Some engineers choose to ignore this but not many
DJSADERS is offline   Reply With Quote