Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Help

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

Cable on the street but not in the building - who to call?

Old 16-11-2011, 08:08   #1
tampano
Inactive

tampano is an unknown quantity at this point
Cable on the street but not in the building - who to call?

Hello everyone, I hope someone can help me. This story is becoming silly.

I've moved into a new flat in a new bulding in W3, near West Acton tube station, two months ago.

Through the VirginMedia website, with their "award winning" postcode checker, it seemed I could get all the services I needed and I wanted, broadband, tv, phone.

After some days a technician called me saying there were no flats at that address...and after I assured him I was living there in a proper bulding with proper flats, he arranged for an appointment to check.

He came and he said the fiber cable is definetely along the street but there are no connections inside the building.

They canceled my order and I've asked to the agency which rented me the flat...because builders are still there and IF they have to do something maybe they can do that.

I've called VirginMedia customer care to ask better info...and they've told me they would send a team of technicians to have a look around and let me know what to do. The result is I was contacted by the same first technician who, upset, told me there are no cables inside the house.

Now...who is responsible to put cables inside the building?

Why the postcode checker says I can get the services and I'm not able to get it?

At this point of my experience I'm very disappointed about the answers by VirginMedia....

...any idea?

Thanks in advance,

Paolo
tampano is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-11-2011, 11:01   #2
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Cable on the street but not in the building - who to call?

This post on the Community Forum should help http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...elp/td-p/20585 may help

As for cables inside a new flat block, it's up to the developer. Virgin Media will work them to get the correct infrastructure in place at the appropriate stage of the build, but if they don't know it's happening there is nothing they can do.

It's difficult to wire up a flat block after the fact as there is then nowhere for the cables to go.