Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | I have a job interview tomorrow with virgin media for a cable guy

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

I have a job interview tomorrow with virgin media for a cable guy

Old 15-01-2010, 14:25   #61
Seleroman
Inactive

Seleroman is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I have a job interview tomorrow with virgin media for a cable guy

Well it took them 7 days to come back to me. Then I did a online assessment. Then 3 days later they rung me and offered me a day in sunny swindon for a open assessment day. That this Tuesday so don't give up hope matey!!!
Seleroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-01-2010, 16:29   #62
Dukefever
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV, XL BB, M Phone, 1GB Tivo + V HD box (Premiere)
Dukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about them

Still waiting myself. Only been 3days though. Why do you not think you did well?

Duke
Dukefever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2010, 23:50   #63
niallharper
Inactive

niallharper is an unknown quantity at this point

Well ive never really been very good with this sort of thing. tend to get very nervous. I tried to prepare my self by running over answers for a lot of interview questions. When i had the interview all the questions i had were nothing like i expected. just panicked!
All i can do now is just be hopeful. Now that i think back, i think my answers were okay, just the way i put them across wasnt brilliant.
niallharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2010, 00:58   #64
Dukefever
Inactive

Dukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about them

I am sure you will have done ok. Its these types of occasions where you will always think about it afterwards and realise that you could have said this instead and in that way.

Perfectly normal. I have been replaying my interview, lol.

Where have you applied for?

Duke
Old 16-01-2010, 10:03   #65
niallharper
Inactive

niallharper is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah hope your right lol. I've applied for apprentice field tech in south London. You?
niallharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2010, 11:20   #66
Dukefever
Inactive

Field Tech, West Yorkshire.

Duke
Old 16-01-2010, 22:24   #67
Forcefire
Inactive

Forcefire is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey,

I have applied for the same job as you Dukefever, in the same area too. I have had both my first and second interview. I didn't hear from them after 3 days like they said once I'd had the 2nd interview so I had to call the number they gave me. I was told I had passed the 2nd interview but the problem was is they don't have the information for the assesment interview so I'm hanging about waiting now and its been almost 2 weeks since my 2nd interview.

Anyone know what to expect on the "assessment day" as I've never been to one before, always had normal interviews.
Forcefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2010, 00:26   #68
Dukefever
Inactive

Welcome to the forums!

That doesn't sound very promising. It's like they are not organised.

I don't know anymore about the assessment date. Still waiting for someone to offer an insight. Good luck though Forcefire.

Keep us posted

Duke
Old 17-01-2010, 10:41   #69
Forcefire
Inactive

Thanks for the welcome

It doesn't sound promising does it, I had my 1st telephone interview on the 4th Jan too and my 2nd 2 days later. If I get an update I'll post.

As your appling for the same job in the same area have you heard from them?
Old 17-01-2010, 11:50   #70
Dukefever
Inactive

Nothing as yet. I didn't get a phone number though, they just said the next stage would be an invitation to an assessment day and I should hear from them in 7 to 10days.

Duke
Old 17-01-2010, 16:26   #71
Forcefire
Inactive

So do you know if you've passed the 2nd stage or are you waiting around to find that out? When I rang it was let slip that if you get an email its a "Thanks but no thanks" kinda thing.

I got given a number to ring after my 1st interview and was given it again after the 2nd so I'm surprised you weren't given it.
Old 17-01-2010, 19:30   #72
Dukefever
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forcefire View Post
So do you know if you've passed the 2nd stage or are you waiting around to find that out? When I rang it was let slip that if you get an email its a "Thanks but no thanks" kinda thing.

I got given a number to ring after my 1st interview and was given it again after the 2nd so I'm surprised you weren't given it.
I am still waiting to find out if I have been successful on my 2nd Phone interview.

As regards to the end of each interview, I first received a call last Tuesday and had the 1st interview there and then. He told me straight away that I had past and that he will see when there is a slot for the 2nd interview. I was then told he could not arrange one there and then but promised that I would be contacted when a slot was available. This happened the following day and within 2hrs I was starting the 2nd interview. No number was given at the end of the 1st interview.

At the end of the second interview I was simply told that I would be contacted within 7 - 10days after it had been assessed. It was explained to me that the next stage is an assessment day that I would be invited to attend.

It would appear then, if you where given a number that I might be best to expect an email shortly "Thanks but no thanks".

Perhaps you could PM me the number and I could call them if I don't get the email.

Duke
Old 17-01-2010, 19:57   #73
Forcefire
Inactive

Its odd that you weren't given a number and my 2nd interview was arranged after my 1st so I guess they are getting through more than expected so thats why theres a delay. If you want the number then let me know and I'll pass it on, but I was told I'd hear within 3 days (not 7-10 like you) so thats the reason I gave when I rang.

Not a good start for them is it, lol.
Old 17-01-2010, 21:21   #74
Dukefever
Inactive

Lol,

No it's not a good start but if I wasn't on here talking about it then I would be non the wiser lol.

Perhaps we have been speaking with different agencys dealing with the preliminary recruitment.

Duke
Old 19-01-2010, 14:08   #75
piggo68
Inactive

Services: VM VIP
piggo68 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was told when I rang them that they are still sorting out venues etc for the assesments and they probably wouldn't be until February.
I have V.M. recruitment phone number, but unsure if it's ok to post on here?
piggo68 is offline   Reply With Quote