Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Is It Possible to Run Two wireless Routers With VM Superhub

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

Is It Possible to Run Two wireless Routers With VM Superhub

Old 15-05-2011, 13:06   #1
trainspotter375
Inactive

trainspotter375 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is It Possible to Run Two wireless Routers With VM Superhub

Hi, With all the recent wireless problems concerning the superhub, is it possible to disable the wireless on the superhub and add two buffalo wireless routers at different parts of the house...would welcome any advice...thanks
trainspotter375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-05-2011, 15:18   #2
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Re: Is It Possible to Run Two wireless Routers With VM Superhub

Yes I believe it's possible but with Modem Mode (R27 Firmware) just around the corner why bother. Just hang on for a little while longer would be my plan.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2011, 15:20   #3
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Try this link as it may help.

http://www.unofficialguidetolive.co....edia-super-hub
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2011, 16:47   #4
Inactive

Services: 100Mbit Broadband
7031 is on a distinguished road7031 is on a distinguished road

I'm doing what you describe currently and it works very well. Of course, it'll be better when VM release the bridge mode update.
7031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2011, 04:17   #5
trainspotter375
Inactive

trainspotter375 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All, thanks for all your replies, Mick fisher, thanks for advice, will wait for the update then decide, i think i'm going to stick the super hub somewhere else in the house anyway with the sam knows router as the blue strobing effect lights up the whole house at night.lol
trainspotter375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2011, 14:19   #6
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainspotter375 View Post
Hi All, thanks for all your replies, Mick fisher, thanks for advice, will wait for the update then decide, i think i'm going to stick the super hub somewhere else in the house anyway with the sam knows router as the blue strobing effect lights up the whole house at night.lol
Agreed
Quite ridiculous that it is so bright. Even in daylight it is quite distracting if, like me, your hub is on the desk next to the monitor.

I have the hubs light's covered by the "Installing Your Virgin Media Superhub" Booklet that was included in the self install kit.

Just another somewhat unsatisfactory feature of the superhub that virgin has forced upon it's BB subscribers.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote