Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Constant light pins and needles on 2 fingers on my right hand

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Constant light pins and needles on 2 fingers on my right hand

Old 14-04-2009, 22:14   #1
AbyssUnderground
cf.mega poster

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, HH5, synced at maximum 80Mbps/20Mbps.
AbyssUnderground has reached the bronze age
AbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to AbyssUnderground
Constant light pins and needles on 2 fingers on my right hand

Hello all,

For the last 3 weeks I have had constant pins and needles on my little finger and finger next to it on my right hand. It all started when I was in hospital and several nights in a row I was awoken several times with pins and needles in the whole hand, which I got rid of by moving my arm to allow better circulation.

After the several nights it did this, the two fingers "kept" a very light sensation of it, and its remained since. I did tell the nurse, she said not to worry its probably a trapped nerve and it would go on its own, but its hung around for 3 weeks now, but its not got any worse or better.

Its only on the tips of the fingers, and its not painful. I have feeling in it, I can feel hot and cold, pain when I nip it, etc. I'm just aware that its there most of the time and would like to get rid of it if I can!

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Andy.
AbyssUnderground is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-04-2009, 22:21   #2
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Constant light pins and needles on 2 fingers on my right hand

found this

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/ate/asthm...gy/203783.html

you could always ask your doctor .
Old 14-04-2009, 22:24   #3
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

I would go to my doctors asap as you are only 20 and this needs to be checked out.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009, 22:41   #4
AbyssUnderground
cf.mega poster

AbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze age

I mentioned it to my GP and they also said a trapped nerve and it would go away on its own in due time... They never mentioned how long "due time" was nor did I think to ask...

I have to go for a blood test every week for the next 6 weeks so when I go next week I'll book an appointment for the same day with the GP and see what they can do. Like I say, its not bothering me much, I'm just aware its there all the time and would like rid of it
Old 14-04-2009, 22:44   #5
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbyssUnderground View Post
I mentioned it to my GP and they also said a trapped nerve and it would go away on its own in due time... They never mentioned how long "due time" was nor did I think to ask...

I have to go for a blood test every week for the next 6 weeks so when I go next week I'll book an appointment for the same day with the GP and see what they can do. Like I say, its not bothering me much, I'm just aware its there all the time and would like rid of it
So it has been diagnosed as a trapped nerve and occured while in hospital so if you are OKto speak about it what were you in for.
Old 14-04-2009, 22:49   #6
AbyssUnderground
cf.mega poster

The hospital and GP both said the same, but surely a trapped nerve wouldn't last this long? I don't know having never had one before and wanted someone else's opinion on it or advice from someone who has had the same problem. I was in with Ulcerative Colitis, still recovering from it.

I don't want to make a trip to the GP if its unnecessary, someone else might be in greater need of that appointment.
Old 14-04-2009, 22:52   #7
scrotnig
cf.mega poster

scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal
scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal

I had a trapped nerve last August and it wasn't gone til just before Christmas.

They just go of their own accord, it's nothing to worry about.
Old 14-04-2009, 22:56   #8
AbyssUnderground
cf.mega poster

Thanks. Almost 1/4 of the way there for mine to go then if thats anything to go by!
Old 14-04-2009, 23:02   #9
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Thanks. Almost 1/4 of the way there for mine to go then if thats anything to go by!
So not related to your stay in hospital and sounds more likely to go away of its own accord, maybe you could try getting a squash ball or a stress ball to squeeze and that may help as a form of therapy.
Old 14-04-2009, 23:05   #10
AbyssUnderground
cf.mega poster

No it was unlikely to be related. However I did lose a lot of blood before my hospital stay (I was down to 8.4, normal is 14 and 6.5 is the limit for a blood transfusion...) which may have had something to do with it but I doubt it. It was more likely the position I was sleeping in causing it, as when I moved it the circulation was OK and the pins and needles went from my hand.

Good idea on the squash ball, I never thought of that.
Old 14-04-2009, 23:09   #11
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
No it was unlikely to be related. However I did lose a lot of blood before my hospital stay (I was down to 8.4, normal is 14 and 6.5 is the limit for a blood transfusion...) which may have had something to do with it but I doubt it. It was more likely the position I was sleeping in causing it, as when I moved it the circulation was OK and the pins and needles went from my hand.

Good idea on the squash ball, I never thought of that.
It probably is due to the way you were sleeping and those awful beds.

And you will be in control of the ball and will know if it is helping.
Old 14-04-2009, 23:12   #12
AbyssUnderground
cf.mega poster

I was sleeping on my back with my arms crossed over my chest (easiest way to sleep with tubes hanging out of your arms I found), and because I was in so much pain, on my back was the only way. Until that day I have never been able to sleep on my back, now I can do it a lot easier.

Yeah, I'll dig a ball out tomorrow and see if it helps.
Old 14-04-2009, 23:16   #13
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:

Yeah, I'll dig a ball out tomorrow and see if it helps.
Let us know if it helps, may take a few days.

Those beds are bad.
Old 14-04-2009, 23:21   #14
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Ive had exactly the same thing for the last few months after a couple of nights sleeping on my right arm, it's affecting my thumb, index and middle fingers, not all feeling has gone, they're just a little numb, I've ignored it thus far.
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009, 23:26   #15
AbyssUnderground
cf.mega poster

Moldova, I found the bed rather comfortable, especially as I was lying on it for 23 hours a day for 2 weeks. I came home and my bed was really uncomfortable in comparison! It took me 2 days to get used to it again.

Graham M, thanks for that. At least I'm not the only one suffering with this, and it sounds like you have the same as me feeling wise. I can feel hot/cold and pain no problem, just has the pins and needles feeling as well at the tips.

Thanks for the help so far everyone.