Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Swap boxes from one room to another

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Swap boxes from one room to another

Old 06-03-2017, 19:17   #1
jamiec21
cf.member

Services: V+ TV: XL and Sports HD; BB: L
jamiec21 is a jewel in the roughjamiec21 is a jewel in the roughjamiec21 is a jewel in the roughjamiec21 is a jewel in the roughjamiec21 is a jewel in the rough
Swap boxes from one room to another

Is this possible and allowed? I have one Tivo box and one V+ box in another room and wish to swap them round.
jamiec21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2017, 19:29   #2
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Re: Swap boxes from one room to another

No reason why not.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 17:12   #3
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Do it all the time no problem
Old 08-03-2017, 12:52   #4
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Do it all the time no problem

I presume, therefore, that I could swap my two v6 boxes (taking remotes with box?).

The much vaunted watch recordings from box B through box A is very flaky at best and now appears to have stopped working altogether.

Both boxes have been rebooted, can see recordings on other box, delete them, but not watch them. Very frustrating as this is a great feature if it worked.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 13:10   #5
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
I presume, therefore, that I could swap my two v6 boxes (taking remotes with box?).

The much vaunted watch recordings from box B through box A is very flaky at best and now appears to have stopped working altogether.

Both boxes have been rebooted, can see recordings on other box, delete them, but not watch them. Very frustrating as this is a great feature if it worked.
That sounds likely to be a problem with the connection from one or both boxes to your SuperHub. How are they connected?
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 14:40   #6
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
That sounds likely to be a problem with the connection from one or both boxes to your SuperHub. How are they connected?

WI-FI - both are connected to hub, but still not able to watch recordings from box B on box A

I get a screen asking me to try again or cancel (error V401)
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 15:06   #7
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
WI-FI - both are connected to hub, but still not able to watch recordings from box B on box A

I get a screen asking me to try again or cancel (error V401)
Any chance of getting one or both connected by Ethernet or Powerline?

Failing that, at least make sure they are using 5GHz wi-fi. If you have a SH3, log into it and give the 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks different names so that you can specifically select the 5GHz one.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 11:20   #8
Ed92uk
Inactive

Ed92uk is an unknown quantity at this point

My v6 is connected via Ethernet and the watch from other box is still very very poor. Only reason I had TiVo put in my bedroom is so I could watch stuff from the main box so I'm not very happy at all
Ed92uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 16:18   #9
scollie
cf.member

scollie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed92uk View Post
My v6 is connected via Ethernet and the watch from other box is still very very poor. Only reason I had TiVo put in my bedroom is so I could watch stuff from the main box so I'm not very happy at all
I also had my TIVO put in the bedroom but trying to watch TIVO shows on the V6 or vice versa was painful as the picture kept stuttering. I spent over an hour on the phone to the tech dept and we thought that the problem had been resolved but the stuttering soon came back. In the end I returned the TIVO box.
scollie is offline   Reply With Quote