Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

Official PS3 forums

Old 15-04-2008, 01:02   #1
shawty
Permanently Banned

shawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to behold
Official PS3 forums

The official PS3 forums went down last week for an update inline with the new PS3 store. You had to link your PSN ID to the forums, which I did. For some reason when I sign in, it says -

"Site Maintenance Notice

The server is currently down for maintenance.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later."

The thing is, people are on the forums now and posting this exact minute. Anyone know what is going on?

http://community.eu.playstation.com/...thread.id=2630

Just read that link and others are having problems to, so guess i just check tomorrow.
shawty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-04-2008, 01:10   #2
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
Re: Official PS3 forums

There probably just migrating accounts over to there new system. chances are it will all be sorted out for you soon enough.

EDIT**

I never signed up to this and I know they delayed it at first. Just tried signing in and got the same message shawty. My guess is they will have it sorted out in next couple days just keep and eye on it

EDIT2**

Just tried anything and you get the same message. I tried to login as jim didnt get any No account exsists etc etc just same server down message so looks lik its completly offlline for now.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2008, 01:17   #3
shawty
Permanently Banned

shawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestar2 View Post
There probably just migrating accounts over to there new system. chances are it will all be sorted out for you soon enough.

EDIT**

I never signed up to this and I know they delayed it at first. Just tried signing in and got the same message shawty. My guess is they will have it sorted out in next couple days just keep and eye on it

EDIT2**

Just tried anything and you get the same message. I tried to login as jim didnt get any No account exsists etc etc just same server down message so looks lik its completly offlline for now.
Must be just the signing in page offline then, because people are posting as we speak.

Saying this there is only 67 members online and 1599 guests, so I guess they are just in the process of moving accounts.
Old 15-04-2008, 01:24   #4
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Yep looks that way. Sign-in page loads but then takes you to the server down when trying to login. The register page just takes you straight to down message. Be sorted soon dont worry.

EDIT*

PSN store also loads with the same page on PS3. Only 2 days till new store anyway.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2008, 12:36   #5
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

Callumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestar2 View Post
Yep looks that way. Sign-in page loads but then takes you to the server down when trying to login. The register page just takes you straight to down message. Be sorted soon dont worry.

EDIT*

PSN store also loads with the same page on PS3. Only 2 days till new store anyway.
Yeah, i tried to register to the PS2 forum last night funnily enough and it went straight to the down page (might be the same forum )

---------- Post added at 11:36 ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 ----------

now it is working i cant sign up cause its saying my sign in ID is wrong

i only just made the sign in ID
Callumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2008, 20:11   #6
shawty
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callumpy View Post
Yeah, i tried to register to the PS2 forum last night funnily enough and it went straight to the down page (might be the same forum )

---------- Post added at 11:36 ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 ----------

now it is working i cant sign up cause its saying my sign in ID is wrong

i only just made the sign in ID
To use the Playstation forums now, you have to link your PSN (Playstation Network) ID to the forums. Even if you do not use the PSN, you can still make one, but I cant remember the website for that. So everyone using the PS3 PSN, their usernames are the same for online gaming and forum use.
Old 15-04-2008, 21:24   #7
Toto
Inactive

Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal

The new playstatio@store appears to be bugged since the upgrade today.
Toto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2008, 13:00   #8
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

Callumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawty View Post
To use the Playstation forums now, you have to link your PSN (Playstation Network) ID to the forums. Even if you do not use the PSN, you can still make one, but I cant remember the website for that. So everyone using the PS3 PSN, their usernames are the same for online gaming and forum use.
I bought my playstation second hand off a friend who hasnt got the box or anything, so basically i dont have my network access key

unless there is a way of getting the PS2 to tell me
Callumpy is offline   Reply With Quote