Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The iPhone thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology

The iPhone thread

Old 22-08-2010, 21:29   #1501
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
Re: The iPhone thread

Stuart check

http://www.mobilephonexchange.co.uk/...s&siteid=11628

hope its not too late

---------- Post added at 20:29 ---------- Previous post was at 20:27 ----------

http://mobilevaluer.com/
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-08-2010, 21:40   #1502
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array

I actually have a market for a couple of iphones at the moment... (not 2g)
Lord Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2010, 21:41   #1503
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

I suppose 125 for a phone with only slightly damaged casing is always good for spares. And I thought they did the same with the 3Gs as they did with the 3GS, when it's not the main phone, bring one out with a smaller flash drive (which probably is not soldered anyway). Like when I got mine, you could get 3GS in 16 and 32 and 3G in 8, now you can only get the 3GS in 8.

nffc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2010, 23:58   #1504
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
That's about what o2 offer for an undamaged 16 gig iphone 3g. The difference being they don't specify how much they are going to knock off for damage.

The mobile valuer link only offered one choice. A company called fonebank who were willing to offer £142 for a fully working phone. My phone (which because it has a cracked case, would apparently be considered non-working) would have got £60..
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2010, 00:12   #1505
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart C View Post
That's about what o2 offer for an undamaged 16 gig iphone 3g. The difference being they don't specify how much they are going to knock off for damage.

The mobile valuer link only offered one choice. A company called fonebank who were willing to offer £142 for a fully working phone. My phone (which because it has a cracked case, would apparently be considered non-working) would have got £60..
Cool, just wanted to make sure you got the best deal
Old 23-08-2010, 00:46   #1506
Stuart
-

Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Thanks anyway..
Old 23-08-2010, 21:45   #1507
wwe
cf.mega poster

Services: Telewest Phone Telewest BroadBand Telewest Digital Tv v+ HD
wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack

which iphone is better the Iphone 4 or the Iphone 3GS?
wwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2010, 22:22   #1508
jb66
cf.mega poster

iPhone 4
Old 24-08-2010, 10:53   #1509
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

I thought that you guys might like this.

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2010, 12:11   #1510
Kingofthedead4
Inactive

Services: XXL customer with movies and sport +HD And now TiVo.
Kingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
I thought that you guys might like this.

Love it
Kingofthedead4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:28   #1511
Stuart
-

Did anyone see the Apple conference?

Looks like Apple announced a few things:

As expected, the iPod touch gets an iPhone 4 makeover, including FaceTime.

They announced not one, but *two* iOS upgrades.

iOS

iOS 4.1 (due next week) works on iPhones and iPod touches, and adds the following
  • Support for Game Center (Apple's Xbox live/Sony PSN clone)
  • High Dynamic Range photography through the inbuilt camera. The camera takes three photos and averages them to create the HDR photo.
  • HD Video upload over Wifi
  • Purchase and rental of TV programmes.

Also, they have apparently fixed bugs involving the Proximity sensor, Bluetooth and they've improved the speed on the 3G.

iOS 4.2 works on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch and will be available in November.

It adds[List][*]Airplay. An app that enables you to stream music and video to your iPad from your computer, or from your iPad to your Apple TV (the version announced today).[*]Printing via WiFi or your computer.

It also brings the facilities on the iPad into line with the facilities on the iPhone 4 (folders for apps etc).

Apple TV
Apple also announced a new Apple TV. This media player also runs iOS, but has no onboard storage, so has to stream content from a PC, from the iTunes store or from an iPad running Airplay. It costs $99 (or £99 in the UK). It is a quarter of the size of the 1st Gen Apple TV. It supports HD (up to 720p only sadly). It supports Rentals from the iTunes store but does not support purchasing.

iPod Nano
This is more like an iPod touch nano now, as it has lost the scroll wheel and has a tiny multi touch screen. It has also lost the Video camera the previous nano had (which I could never see the point of), as well as video playback. It's the same size as the 1st Gen Nano.

iPod Shuffle

Actually looks like the 1st gen nano now, but adds Voice Over support

iTunes
They've up the version number to 10, but it looks like the major change is a new social networking system called "Ping".

More at http://www.tuaw.com

---------- Post added 02-09-2010 at 01:28 ---------- Previous post was 01-09-2010 at 23:45 ----------

This looks beautiful.

Epic have released a technology demo running on the Unreal Engine 3 for iOS. It runs on iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, but needs at least a 3GS or 3rd Gen iPod Touch.

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/epic-...388888815?mt=8
Old 02-09-2010, 09:52   #1512
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Apple TV
Apple also announced a new Apple TV. This media player also runs iOS, but has no onboard storage, so has to stream content from a PC, from the iTunes store or from an iPad running Airplay. It costs $99 (or £99 in the UK). It is a quarter of the size of the 1st Gen Apple TV. It supports HD (up to 720p only sadly). It supports Rentals from the iTunes store but does not support purchasing.
I like the look of this but most of my videos are divx/xvid in avi wrappers. Unsupported by the Apple TV and I am unsure how it would work, if it can connect to a NAS.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:19   #1513
Stuart
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I like the look of this but most of my videos are divx/xvid in avi wrappers. Unsupported by the Apple TV and I am unsure how it would work, if it can connect to a NAS.
I suppose you *could* convert them to Mpeg 4, then stream them from a NAS that supports itunes streaming.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:23   #1514
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
I suppose you *could* convert them to Mpeg 4, then stream them from a NAS that supports itunes streaming.
Massive pain to do that though and the quality would drop unless I did it from the source again. My NAS support iTunes streaming and new content I add is Mpeg 4 but alas, none of the old stuff is.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:18   #1515
Stuart
-

TBH, It's not something I'd really recommend..