Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S Election 2016

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

U.S Election 2016
Closed Thread

Old 26-12-2016, 16:04   #1291
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: US Election 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Only this is not shouting, it is use of Font sizes and Bold ! Using Caps LIKE THIS, is shouting.

---------- Post added 25-12-2016 at 00:02 ---------- Previous post was 24-12-2016 at 23:58 ----------

Oh dear nothing.....perhaps you should look up Clinton and paid for speeches. Google is your friend.
better still, Google "trump lies":

2015 Lie of the Year: the campaign misstatements of Donald Trump

Quote:
Trump seems aware of this, as he writes in The Art of the Deal:

"You can't con people, at least not for long. You can create excitement, you can do wonderful promotion and get all kinds of press, and you can throw in a little hyperbole. But if you don't deliver the goods, people will eventually catch on."
Lyin' Donald: 101 Of Trump's Greatest Lies

Quote:
2. March 29: Trump lies that Wisconsin’s effective unemployment rate is 20%, saying, ""What? Is it 20 percent? Effective or regular? I mean just -- effective unemployment rate, 20 percent. Hey, this is out of the big book." According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, The U-3 official unemployment rate in Wisconsin was 4.6 percent in 2015; Wisconsin’s U-6 rate for 2015 was 8.3 percent.
Old 26-12-2016, 18:25   #1292
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

ianch99 : Earlier in this thread, I have stated Trump was no angel but out of the two options, he was the better one and she has lied far more than he is being accused of. Stop trying to have a peeing contest, because I'm just not interested.

Clinton as far as I'm concerned would have led us in to a Nuclear war with Russia, that threat was there, had she won, but she did not win and now the US has a President that wants to be friends with Russia, nuclear war threat over.

It's also ignorant to continually ignore Clintons disastrous policies as Seceretary of State, The scandal surrounding Benghazi, the policies she and Obama applied in the Middle East that has 1) Led to biggest Refugee crisis since World War II. 2) Given Europe and other parts of the world ISIS.
Old 26-12-2016, 19:12   #1293
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
ianch99 : Earlier in this thread, I have stated Trump was no angel but out of the two options, he was the better one and she has lied far more than he is being accused of. Stop trying to have a peeing contest, because I'm just not interested.

Clinton as far as I'm concerned would have led us in to a Nuclear war with Russia, that threat was there, had she won, but she did not win and now the US has a President that wants to be friends with Russia, nuclear war threat over.

It's also ignorant to continually ignore Clintons disastrous policies as Seceretary of State, The scandal surrounding Benghazi, the policies she and Obama applied in the Middle East that has 1) Led to biggest Refugee crisis since World War II. 2) Given Europe and other parts of the world ISIS.
Look, just because Clinton had flaws does not make Trump the better choice. I personally think both candidates were terrible choices to be honest.

All I, and others, are saying is that Trump is a worryingly bad choice for POTUS. His potential for mistakes is far greater than with Hillary. She was a known known .. Trump is an unknown unknown ..

You cannot have an individual who personality and character are so at odds with those you would desire in the President of the USA.

I feel that the choice of Trump by many Americans was one of desperation: they felt, correctly, that the global banking/political elite has used them, badly, and that anyone even Donald Trump was better than more of the same.

I totally sympathise with this hope. I know that Trump in no way compares to Hitler but it was the lack of hope and the desperation of the Germans in the Weimar Republic in the early 1930's that led to the cataclysmic choice on an anti-establishment Leader, who they felt could could resolve their dilemma.

If history teaches us anything it is that we should be "Beware of false prophets ..". If someone stands up and says I can fix all your problems but he has no track record of doing anything remotely similar then who is the bigger fool? The man who claims to he can fix America's ills or the people who put him there?
Old 26-12-2016, 19:50   #1294
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Which of the two would make a better president I can't judge.

But all the independent fact checks find that Trump is far more dishonest than Clinton. Let's look at one; Politifact. It's independent and a winner of the Pulitzer Prize.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...p-truth-o-met/
If you want to see the latest "Pants on Fire" lies from Trump and anyone else, go straight to this link. http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...gs/pants-fire/

Here's some background reading. http://www.ibtimes.com/who-tells-mor...es-one-2422143
Old 26-12-2016, 20:29   #1295
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I bet that before 2017 is out. There will be big trouble in America because of Trump. I will say again. That Trump does NOT have the qualities of running a large country, such as the USA.

Even some of the people he has chosen to be in his White House. Have been disowned by people of America.

He thinks only of making money. He has said that he will pass over his companies to his sons.

Well, l was under the impression that he has already said that he will not take the salary of President.

In that case 'technically, he is receiving a salary from his own companies'
Old 30-12-2016, 11:42   #1296
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

The kissing of Trump's backside by St.Theresa has begun.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...attack-israel/
Tactical I guess, but maybe she should think whether the expansion of Israeli settlements in the the occupied territories, is the best way of acheiving peace. If anything she needs to try and restrain Trump, not encourage him.
Old 30-12-2016, 12:51   #1297
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Looks like Obama is using the suspected hacking during the election as a pretext for a scroched earth exit policy:

Quote:
President Barack Obama on Thursday ordered the expulsion of 35 Russian suspected spies and imposed sanctions on two Russian intelligence agencies over their involvement in hacking U.S. political groups in the 2016 presidential election.

The measures, taken during the last days of Obama's presidency, mark a new post-Cold War low in U.S.-Russian ties and set up a potential flashpoint between incoming President-elect Donald Trump and fellow Republicans in Congress over how to deal with Moscow.

Obama, a Democrat, had promised consequences after U.S. intelligence officials blamed Russia for hacks intended to influence the 2016 election. Officials pointed the finger directly at Russian President Vladimir Putin for personally directing the efforts and primarily targeting Democrats, who put pressure on Obama to respond.
Reuters

Or am I just being cynical?
Old 30-12-2016, 13:06   #1298
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
The kissing of Trump's backside by St.Theresa has begun.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...attack-israel/
Tactical I guess, but maybe she should think whether the expansion of Israeli settlements in the the occupied territories, is the best way of acheiving peace. If anything she needs to try and restrain Trump, not encourage him.
Wrong again Mr K

Quote:
Mrs May does “not believe that it is appropriate” for Mr Kerry to attack the make-up of the democratically elected Israeli government, the spokesman said.
Has nothing to do with Trump at all.

Quote:
The spokesman added: “The British Government continues to believe that the only way to a lasting peace in the Middle East is through a two-state solution. We continue to believe that the construction of settlements in the Occupied Palestinian Territories is illegal.”
Is contrary to what Trump thinks.
Old 30-12-2016, 13:07   #1299
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Looks like Obama is using the suspected hacking during the election as a pretext for a scroched earth exit policy:

Reuters

Or am I just being cynical?
Well, considering Bush Jr expelled 50 Russian diplomats in 2001, Reagan expelled 55 Sovs in 1968, and Obama is expelling 36, "scorched earth" is probably a little hyperbolic...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 30-12-2016, 14:05   #1300
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Well, considering Bush Jr expelled 50 Russian diplomats in 2001, Reagan expelled 55 Sovs in 1968, and Obama is expelling 36, "scorched earth" is probably a little hyperbolic...
Both expulsions were not at the end of their presidency as a parting gift to a rival.
Old 30-12-2016, 14:08   #1301
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Wonder if Obama will leave a note telling Trump the money's all been spent too...

Last edited by Osem; 30-12-2016 at 14:16.
Old 30-12-2016, 14:43   #1302
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Both expulsions were not at the end of their presidency as a parting gift to a rival.
But both were in response to Russian misdeeds, just like Obama's was - should he not have done anything, then been called "soft" for no action?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 30-12-2016, 15:13   #1303
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Either way, Putin is not biting to Obama's stupid moves before he leaves office, infact he has invited the US diplomats in Russia, to bring their kids along to a get together at the Kremlin.

http://news.sky.com/story/putin-no-e...tions-10711864

Quote:
Putin: No expulsions in response to US sanctions

Russia's president condemns President Obama's actions against its officials but says he will not stoop to the same level.

Vladimir Putin has rejected plans to expel US diplomats in a tit-for-tat retaliation against Washington - and instead invited their children to visit the Kremlin.

The surprise announcement from the Russian president comes hours after foreign minister Sergei Lavrov said he would be asking Mr Putin to declare 35 US officials in Moscow and St Petersburg as "persona non grata" - the same number being expelled by the US.

Mr Putin condemned the US action and said Russia had "all the grounds for a comparable response" but added: "We will not create problems for American diplomats. We will not expel anyone."

He said he reserved the right to retaliate but would wait and see how Donald Trump acts when he succeeds President Barack Obama next month.

The Russian president said he would not stoop to the level of "kitchen irresponsible diplomacy" and even extended an invitation to the children of American diplomats to a festive party at the Kremlin.
So much for a smooth transition for Trump, so far, useless prancing idiot Obama said he would have won if he had gone for a 3rd term, don't think so clown, seeing as Clinton was going to carry on your disastrous policies and she thankfully didn't win.
Old 30-12-2016, 15:35   #1304
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Either way, Putin is not biting to Obama's stupid moves before he leaves office, infact he has invited the US diplomats in Russia, to bring their kids along to a get together at the Kremlin[/url]
Ah, how lovely.... A nice tea party, wouldn't drink anything if I were them. Litvinenko RIP .
Old 30-12-2016, 15:49   #1305
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
But both were in response to Russian misdeeds, just like Obama's was - should he not have done anything, then been called "soft" for no action?
He could have left the report on Trump's desk for action rather than announcing it to the public at this time. All looks opportunistic and designed to cause maximum damage.
Closed Thread