Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Garden Dug Up and Cable installed on my property without knowledge

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Telco Services Discussion

Garden Dug Up and Cable installed on my property without knowledge

Old 28-12-2013, 20:19   #151
insulatorpotty
Inactive

insulatorpotty is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Garden Dug Up and Cable installed on my property without knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Wow!

The poster has not said any damage to his property was caused (besides his/her understandable annoyance), and yet these sort of responses are given.

Let's hope you never park your car causing someone inconvenience, and the person doesn't share your attitude....
have i just landed on another planet ?? they have dug up his garden , it may not be damage but its certainly not adding to the value of his property. they have no right whatsoever to do that and if the neighbour was a real neighbour he would chop it out himself and cancel the contract with virgin.
catv is the lowest common denominator in terms of quality of install and engineers, bt has followed suit as at the moment it can see the benefits of paying peanuts however it is yet to see the downside.
insulatorpotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-12-2013, 23:15   #152
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

This happened over the Christmas holidays so have had to wait for boundary survey getting done on the 9th of January 2014 as this is more detailed than the title deeds then i will send a copy to VM at the address VM team gave me Virgin Media, Media House, Bartley House, Hook, there has been no legal correspondence as yet only one letter asking for relevant documents when i phoned and said i showed title deeds to field manager who agreed cable was in my land in his opinion they said his opinion is not legal so i would also need boundary survey stating which garden the cable is in I COULD CRY as this is now classed as a land dispute. So i need to prove the land is mine i need to prove neighbours cable in my garden but surveyor will write all this in his report as he is a independent surveyor and on no ones side i know it is hard to believe but believe me i am living it and paying for it..really upset and confused at how this could have happened
Old 28-12-2013, 23:46   #153
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

Make it very clear to Virgin Media that, especially since their field manager has agreed the cable is on your land, all expenses that you incur in proving your claim and their trespass will be claimed from them. Do that in writing now, by recorded delivery, in the hope that they will see sense. You don't need a lawyer to write that sort of letter.

Yes title deeds can be a problem. The plans attached are at such a small scale that they simply show your land adjoins the neighbours, not exactly where boundaries lie. Sometimes there are more detailed plans from when the estate was laid out, but even then boundary markers can move. Unfortunately, if your neighbour is effectively claiming part of your garden as theirs, which seems to be an implication if they are saying the cable should stay there, you may be drawn into a long dispute where there may be no winner over cost. It can get worse as when you try and sell a property a common question is whether you are in or have had a neighbour dispute, and you have to truthfully answer which can put off purchasers devaluing property.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2013, 23:55   #154
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Thanks Rob that is why me and my husband has decided to go ahead with the boundary survey but i think i will take your advice and and tell virgin media that all expenses that i occur in proving my claim will be claimed by them. There are 2 reasons now for the boundary survey one being once we get it and we sell there will be no dispute to declare as it will have been sorted and the other reason for virgin media to take that horrible green thing out of my garden thanks again for the advice
Old 30-12-2013, 18:39   #155
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Took your advice Rob and that's the letter with copy of deeds away to Virgin Media legal department recorded delivery.
Old 02-01-2014, 18:15   #156
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Letter has been received by Virgin Media now waiting for a reply....
Old 04-01-2014, 10:51   #157
insulatorpotty
Inactive

dont hold your breath !!
Old 05-01-2014, 02:32   #158
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

They need to as it is now legal....28 days
Old 06-01-2014, 16:40   #159
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Virgin Media Access field manager phoned today and gave me a reference number about the case, they said to give them 14 days so just waiting now.
Old 06-01-2014, 16:45   #160
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Glad to hear it is progressing - I hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 17:03   #161
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Thanks and so do I.
Old 13-01-2014, 14:31   #162
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Phoned VM and said they will be no longer dealing with me and to instruct my solicitor with regards to this matter and i am so glad that i went ahead with getting a boundary survey now I think VM is using stalling tactics now totally unbelievable
Old 18-01-2014, 01:58   #163
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Chief Executive department phoned me today and said they are looking into the issue with the cable being laid in my garden, I do not know if this is a good thing or not I am hoping that means it will be getting removed soon they said that they will phone me back on Monday does anyone think this will be good news for me surely if it was not going to be moved they would have said that!!!
Old 18-01-2014, 11:44   #164
tizmeinnit

I think I would still "accidentally " shove a spade through it. Say it was an employed gardener you forgot to tell. That will speed things up
Old 18-01-2014, 14:01   #165
insulatorpotty
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
I think I would still "accidentally " shove a spade through it. Say it was an employed gardener you forgot to tell. That will speed things up
yes, and how a bout a letter to branson!!