Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Flashing Blue Light

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Flashing Blue Light

Old 16-08-2011, 09:15   #1
SteveDee
Inactive

SteveDee is an unknown quantity at this point
Flashing Blue Light

Morning All,

I turn my hub off each night as the flashing blue light above the 3 green ones keeps me awake (I keep thinking the police are here lol)

This morning when I turned the hub back on the 3 green lights are active but the blue one did not come back. The net is still working fine & I have a speeds of 20.4 & 2.5 ... so what does this blue light do, and does it need to be on ... I presume if I reboot the hub it will just come back ?

Cheers,

Steve
SteveDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-08-2011, 09:20   #2
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Flashing Blue Light

No idea what the blue light does, but a simple bit of non-clear tape over it should stop the annoyance
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2011, 10:17   #3
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FTTC, FoxSat HDR for TV, Vonage VOIP.
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age

I had a look on the VM website about the superhub lights and it only lists three lights on the side. The top connection one can be green or blue and for DOCSIS 3 it should be blue. If yours is green check the connection status page as it may be wrong. Alternately the imp inside that waggles his lamp about so you can see it through the case has picked the wrong one up.

This link may or may not work...

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sou...9hHuCwbLrcg0hA
kwikbreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2011, 10:19   #4
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
No idea what the blue light does, but a simple bit of non-clear tape over it should stop the annoyance
Pretty certain if its green its means its locked on to the legacy docsis system if its blue its on the docsis 3 system.

******Edit some one was faster to it see above *******

Additional if the bottom light is blue it means the wireless is set to 5ghz

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2011, 19:51   #5
Nopanic
Inactive

Nopanic has reached the bronze age
Nopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze age

yup, blue for D3 .. if its green you're not locked to all channels ..
Nopanic is offline   Reply With Quote