Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 30MB minimum by end of 2012

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

30MB minimum by end of 2012

Old 18-03-2012, 11:48   #121
ssr
Inactive

ssr is on a distinguished roadssr is on a distinguished road
Re: 30MB minimum by end of 2012

Peter,
I guess by your number of posts, you feel you have the right to criticize any post that does not fall within your narrow minded views.
Believe me you do not have that right
ssr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-03-2012, 12:05   #122
Nopanic
Inactive

Nopanic has reached the bronze age
Nopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssr View Post
Peter,
I guess by your number of posts, you feel you have the right to criticize any post that does not fall within your narrow minded views.
opinions aside, he does, its his freedom of speech to give his options so long as they fall within forum rules.
Nopanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 12:18   #123
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssr View Post
Peter,
I actually worked for the company until the 10th February so I know what you were told is not actually going to happen for the reasons I have already posted, the double speed rollout takes precedence over anything else and they are not going to throw a spanner in the works on the say so of some idiot in Retentions giving blag advice.

Remember you have received a Superhub so you are in line for any upgrade but people on standard kit are not and they will not issue 3/4 million Superhubs in a non cost effective upgrade, somehow I rather doubt that Virgin media will pump 30 million pound minimum in a fantasy upgrade from which they would receive no monetary return.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 19:29   #124
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Well....
Today I installed an L Broadband 30Meg download and 1meg upload!. It seems annoyingly that 30meg might be a minimum for "new" customers by the end of the year. obviously existing customers equipment couldnt handlt more than 20meg
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 20:18   #125
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

upgrades in hope will cure everyone on docsis3 but thats exactly it, moving everyone onto docsis3 yet it doesnt have to be 30meg although in this speeeeed world (which i like ) means bigger number... in hope the end user doesnt run riot... hmmm
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 20:30   #126
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Well....
Today I installed an L Broadband 30Meg download and 1meg upload!. It seems annoyingly that 30meg might be a minimum for "new" customers by the end of the year. obviously existing customers equipment couldnt handlt more than 20meg
I think we just broke a record.

Worst upload:download ratio to ever exist in the UK.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 20:37   #127
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
I think we just broke a record.

Worst upload:download ratio to ever exist in the UK.
Still not got the upload increase...
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 20:47   #128
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Yeah but even my 50/1.75 is better than that - 28.5:1.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 20:57   #129
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

someone on the VM forums had a 888000 or 800000 (cant remember which) upload on their 30meg config. It in a later post changed to the 2meg upload tho.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 21:53   #130
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Still not got the upload increase...
It is, but it is a negative increase
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 22:47   #131
Zee
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, BT Talk Unlimited, Three PAYG, Giffgaff PAYG, Sky TV Entertainment Package
Zee has reached the bronze age
Zee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze age

I've seen a couple of people on the forum who are on 10Mb saying they got calls regarding a free upgrade to 30Mb so there may be some truth to it, we only need to wait and see. Possibly they will begin to upgrade any 512K, 1Mb customers and apparently as far as we know they are already upgrading 2Mb customers to 5Mb.

So no need for everyone to argue, only time will tell...
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2012, 10:22   #132
stevemon
Inactive

Services: XL TV, 10Mb bb, Phone, Tivo, V+
stevemon is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a call yesterday offering me upgrade to 60Mb (30 doubled I assume) with free superhub. I am currently on 10Mb. Upgrade on Monday!
stevemon is offline   Reply With Quote