Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Boxing 2012

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

Boxing 2012

Old 29-02-2012, 10:02   #61
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one
Re: Boxing 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post

Good
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-02-2012, 12:14   #62
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Applaud whilst the future of heavyweight boxing in Britain dies before your eyes.

The Klitschko's now get to fight 2 more unknown fighters in Germany and retire with a simple payday and records intact.

Boxing a sport which allows convicted rapists to compete but as soon as you box outside the ring, bans you indefinitely.
Old 02-03-2012, 15:37   #63
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

They will review the ban if he gets anger management counselling - I can see him fighting before the end of teh year.

I still see a fight between Chisora and Haye - it doesn't even have to be sanctioned by the WBC - hell I'd love to promote that one!
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 15:42   #64
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaf_laandon_mo View Post
They will review the ban if he gets anger management counselling - I can see him fighting before the end of teh year.

I still see a fight between Chisora and Haye - it doesn't even have to be sanctioned by the WBC - hell I'd love to promote that one!
This potential fight is not for me as to me they are both failed heavyweights.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:48   #65
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Haye and Vitali WILL happen. They simply cannot resist the urge. I seen what happened with Mormeck and lets be honest we can't say we didn't expect it.

Hats off to Wlad you knocked out a guy that's never been close to great. He was demolished at his prime by Haye.

Why go after Haye's victims if you can take Haye yourself. It's the simple fact this time round Haye has absolutely nothing to lose and will go out swinging those two arms round like windmills and to be fair if I was either of them.. I'd probably look to stay well away from a blot on my career at the stage the Klits are at.

Like I said Haye will talk Vitali into the ring and Vitali will get a fight the same way he did with Chisora as they simple have nothing to lose, the only difference being is David Haye is Faster, more agile and a whole world of power different than Chisora.
Old 13-03-2012, 10:28   #66
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

No love lost between these two and l am looking forward to the rematch.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/17349548

Quote:
Lamont Peterson has accused Amir Khan of "arrogance" for suggesting he is unable to fight better than he did in their controversial first bout.

Khan has said he will "win convincingly" in the Las Vegas rematch and that Peterson would not surpass his efforts of their fight in December.

"How can you just assume that I can't fight better than what I fought him in Washington DC and he can?" he said.

The world title rematch takes place at the Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas, on 19 May.
Old 14-03-2012, 13:22   #67
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Expect Khan to make a statement this time, A knockout would set the record straight.
Old 14-03-2012, 13:51   #68
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Expect Khan to make a statement this time, A knockout would set the record straight.
Yes l fully expect Knan to win.
Old 14-03-2012, 16:41   #69
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

He spent far too much time living in his own hype thinking that he's going to be the best and walk his way there..

You are going to be the best but you aint gonna just walk to the top. This has put his fight with Mayweather to bed. Khan has the speed but slows in later rounds. Mayweather would happily run for the early rounds then crush Khan later on.

This fight is as far away as Pacman vs Mayweather now.
Old 14-03-2012, 21:41   #70
denphone
Still alive and fighting

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/17366033

Quote:
Dereck Chisora has had his boxing licence withdrawn by the British Boxing Board of Control (BBBofC) for his actions before and after his defeat by Vitali Klitschko in Munich.

Chisora slapped Vitali at the weigh-in, spat water at his opponent's brother Wladimir before the bout and brawled with David Haye after the fight.

"Dereck Chisora is not a fit and proper person to hold a licence," said BBBofC secretary Robert Smith.

"It has been withdrawn immediately."

Chisora's promoter Frank Warren said: "I was happy with certain aspects of the hearing and unhappy with other aspects. The fact of the matter is slapping someone and spitting water was not an acceptable situation.
Excellent example being set by the BBBOC.
Old 14-03-2012, 21:53   #71
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

yup. it obviously didnt mean much to him > http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...h-new-pal.html

chamakhs playing for the reserves tonight.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2012, 21:01   #72
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Nice to see Kell Brook make an arse of himself after easily outpointing Matthew Hatton.. He went on to call Amir Khan out and told people how he was going to destroy him.

I admire our homegrown talent but when they start calling out big names after outpointing crap opponents.. and has yet to face anyone with any real name to themselves.. Just dont mate. At this stage, Khan will make a fool out of him. Go for some of Khan's old opponents then see about a fight.

Timothy Bradley is exactly the same. He seemed to duck Khan for months then goes on and signs up for the Pac Man??

Both undefeated and looking for superfights but with no real background to either of them. Bradley is in real trouble though because he will be down and out of the ring in minutes if he does not bottle the fight with Manny.

Still waiting to see if some 'Injury' see's the fight go to crap.
Old 27-04-2012, 06:49   #73
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Olympic boxing legend Terry Spinks dies.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/17862729

Very saddened to hear this news.

RIP Terry.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:11   #74
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Floyd Mayweather beats Miguel Cotto by unanimous decision.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/17973344

Quote:
Floyd Mayweather held off Miguel Cotto to take the WBA super welterweight title on Saturday and maintain his undefeated record.

The two fighters went toe-to-toe for several rounds before Mayweather took control and won by a unanimous decision, with two judges scoring 117-111 in his favour and one 118-110.

"I had to fight hard, suck it up. He [was] no pushover," said Mayweather.

The victory extended Mayweather's run to 43-0 with 26 knockouts
Old 06-05-2012, 10:13   #75
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
He was living in his own hype, I'm afraid it wont be the same case this time round because Khan will be looking to make a statement and will likely blow Peterson away.

Anyone got views on Pacman vs Bradley? I think its a stupid idea and Bradley has talked himself into a world of trouble. I bet he happens to get some form of 'injury' a week before the fight.

Predictions

Khan vs Peterson - Khan (KO-TKO)
Pacman vs Bradley - Manny (KO-TKO) Would even say as quick as the first round

Mayweather vs Cotto (Mayweather UD)
One down, two to go.

After watching Floyd for some time now.. There's nothing more to it, He is the ultimate tactician and simply the ultimate fighter. Manny will not want to be in the same ring as this guy as its a career ending fight if he gets put down. I strongly believe even PacMan would be made to look stupid to Mayweather.

Wasn't his biggest fan after the Hatton fight but I just have to face the fact this guy is the P4P best boxer on the planet and a boxing genius. He's up there beside Ali.