Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | best Cable Modem and Router - Business Class?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

dvr issues with port 80 blocked any help please

Old 11-11-2010, 18:56   #1
borderman40
Inactive

borderman40 is an unknown quantity at this point
dvr issues with port 80 blocked any help please

ntl claim they don't block port 80 but when I put my IP address in to log in with my browser it will not launch the software that my dvr recorder uses .I have done tests on port 80 and its said's it blocked.but when I put the my dvr in the dmz setting it said port 80 open and port 21 are open ,but I still can't get access to my dvr anyone know away round this .
borderman40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2010, 19:02   #2
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: dvr issues with port 80 blocked any help please

If you have success when the dvr is in your dmz then this is not your internet provider but an issue with the configuration of your firewalls, probably on the router you use. You will need to allow port forwarding for port 80 from to your DVR's IP. Of course since port 80 is a common place port, every tom dick and harry hacker will probe that port to see what they can do with your dvr. Make sure you use a strong password.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 19:11   #3
borderman40
Inactive

on setting the dvr up i have put in port forwarding in and ip thats i use in the dvr and puplic port in ,how do i disable or sort the firewall out .i also tested the ip address in the dvr along side the port 80 and tested both still saids Port 80 is closed

thanks alan
Old 11-11-2010, 19:31   #4
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

Please advise the make and model of your router. Someone familiar with it's configuration may be able to assist.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 19:49   #5
borderman40
Inactive

hi its a dlink dir-615 off virgin thanks
Old 11-11-2010, 19:50   #6
iain_herts
Ex SKY Engineer

Services: 2x sky+ /sky16Mb/bt phone
iain_herts has reached the bronze age
iain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to iain_herts

what is the make of your dvr unit
Old 11-11-2010, 20:18   #7
borderman40
Inactive

hi its a XDH4 - Realtime Pro DVR - D1 Resolution + Web + Iphone + Mobile Viewing thanks
Old 16-11-2010, 15:35   #8
Waldo Pepper
Inactive

Waldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation era

If your DVR is on your internal network then all you need to ensure is that you block incoming connection on port 80. Something even the cheapest of routers allow you do.

If for some reason you are attempting to connect from outside your network then you need a decent VPN router (software or hardware) and suitable client software (Shrewsoft) is my recommendation.

If you allow Internet traffic through to your DVR on port 80 then you are asking for trouble. It will most probably be running an old version of Linux that is easily hacked.

As suggested, choose a strong password for its user interface and also suggested it sounds like something in your router setup if you are only using it internally.

I use ports far away from 80 to distinguish them.

Try forcing your browser to something like http://192.168.0.1:1234 having set your DVR to use port 1234 and assuming 192.168.0.1 is your default gateway.
Waldo Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote