Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Apple iPad Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

Win 7 install from USB drive

Old 08-03-2014, 14:16   #1
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute
Win 7 install from USB drive

Hi,

I've got Win 7 on a bootable USB drive, which I've used in the past to do clean installs. I tried it the other day and it gets stuck in a loop. It will get so far, but always loops back to the screen where you choose your language.

I thought it might be a corrupted USB so I borrowed a mates USB also with Win 7 but the problem remained.

When I tried the install via cd, everything went fine. Anyone had this issue?

Thanks.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2014, 14:18   #2
tizmeinnit

Re: Win 7 install from USB drive

the bios is seeing the usb drive as first drive just change the boot order or select the hdd as boot device from drive selection menu and it will continue
Old 08-03-2014, 21:27   #3
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

But I thought that you had to boot from the device that you wanted to install from. If you're installing from a cd with Win 7 on it, surely you'd boot from that? Sorry if I'm just being thick!
Old 08-03-2014, 22:14   #4
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderPants73 View Post
But I thought that you had to boot from the device that you wanted to install from. If you're installing from a cd with Win 7 on it, surely you'd boot from that? Sorry if I'm just being thick!
you change to hard drive first boot after the install reboots the first time then it should continue the install
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 22:36   #5
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

I see, thank you.