Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | On Demand - How long does it take for programs to be on catchup?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

On Demand - How long does it take for programs to be on catchup?

Old 31-05-2009, 00:51   #16
chickendippers
Inactive

Services: On-cable: TV-L, BB-L, Phone-M. Off-cable: Sky+ HD, Plusnet Unlimited.
chickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to chickendippers
Re: On Demand - How long does it take for programs to be on catchup?

Channel 4 broke it. There's a thread about it here somewhere.
chickendippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-05-2009, 01:37   #17
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben B View Post
Live shows are usually on by the next morning but other shows are there already from midnight the previous day but when you come to watch them the following day they are hidden so you can't watch them before they have aired so in theory if you wanted you could watch all the itv shows that hadn't even aired that you were going to watch the following day at midnight!
Although it's worth noting that on a couple of occassions, Channel 4 have accidentally enabled all programmes for viewing at Midnight..
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2009, 01:04   #18
Pia
Inactive

Services: XL Phone XL BB V+ XL TV
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Pia

Slight bump...

Am i mistaken or was X Factor on on sunday night? If so why is it not on catch up?
Pia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2009, 01:42   #19
Stuart
-

Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Sometimes they do miss stuff off. Channel 4 have proven particularly good at that.

So have the BBC, surprisingly. I say surprisingly because from what I have been told, the Iplayer system is mostly automated (they have a huge system where they feed one copy of the programme in and it prepares the programme for distribution on all the various versions of Iplayer with no human interaction).
Old 22-09-2009, 08:35   #20
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstamper View Post
Don't worry Pia your not the only one to use the expression "taping it" still, most of my friends with V+ still say it as well.
Its only techies like zing who'll pick up on it.
Ahem!I don't have a v+ box and I still have a VR.However I don't have to record anything as stuff is so often repeated later in the week OR it's on some sort of VOD.I also have the BBC iplayer and the channel 5 player as well on this PC.So I find there is little that I want to record..which is just as well as the VR is rather dodgy and years old.
Old 22-09-2009, 10:30   #21
Stuart
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstamper View Post
Don't worry Pia your not the only one to use the expression "taping it" still, most of my friends with V+ still say it as well.
Its only techies like zing who'll pick up on it.
I'm a techie, and I still refer to recording on my v+ as taping..
Old 22-09-2009, 10:41   #22
Pia
Inactive

Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars

Aww booo, not impressed! Shoulda learned my lesson from BGT and taped it lol.

Old 22-09-2009, 10:55   #23
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Services: Almost the lot
cupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud of

Where the hell is THE TUDORS? If you miss it that's it.

Did anyone see the scene with the red hot poker the other week? Ouch!
cupcakes aka dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2009, 14:13   #24
pjh1950
Inactive

pjh1950 will become famous soon enoughpjh1950 will become famous soon enoughpjh1950 will become famous soon enough

Last night we wanted to watch Masterchef, we tried at 9:45 but it was not available, in fact nothing was available after about 5pm. So I setup my laptop and tried BBC IPlayer and it was there So there ca nbe times when VM are slow to get programs available.
pjh1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2009, 14:22   #25
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

Can anyone tell me why when ever I watch anything on catch up the first time I start watching it the box reboots then once it has finished I can watch stuff with no trouble?
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2009, 15:02   #26
Pia
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjh1950 View Post
Last night we wanted to watch Masterchef, we tried at 9:45 but it was not available, in fact nothing was available after about 5pm. So I setup my laptop and tried BBC IPlayer and it was there So there ca nbe times when VM are slow to get programs available.
Yeah, Sunday's X Factor is on the ITV site but not on Virgin so i blame VM!