Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Google Android

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology

Google Android

Old 04-12-2014, 15:01   #451
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: Google Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret View Post
I don't know if this happens with windows phones, other android phones or is just a Samsung issue but my 32gb micro SD card has apparently started to degrade to a point where when it's in the phone the phone reports that it doesn't have a sim inserted within a few minutes of booting. The only remedy is to run the phone without the SD card.
This has happened twice now, once in my wife's note 2 and now my s4. It's not as if we buy cheap no brand cards, they are branded but only seem to work for a year or so before causing issue.
Your phone says there's no SIM when there's an SD card?

What model is it? My S4 has had similar issues (though it has a mainboard hardware fault too, possibly related) that sporadically causes 'SIM removed' or 'SD unexpectedly removed' errors, I've never pegged them as related but then again the SD slot and the SIM slot are both connected via the same cable so it's not inconceivable.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2014, 17:20   #452
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Finally I had to do a system rest and now Nexus 7 works fine on Andoid L.

Still a couple of niggles and the odd crash but faster and more stable than 4.4
Old 04-12-2014, 17:30   #453
ZrByte
Inactive

ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to ZrByte

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret View Post
I don't know if this happens with windows phones, other android phones or is just a Samsung issue but my 32gb micro SD card has apparently started to degrade to a point where when it's in the phone the phone reports that it doesn't have a sim inserted within a few minutes of booting. The only remedy is to run the phone without the SD card.
This has happened twice now, once in my wife's note 2 and now my s4. It's not as if we buy cheap no brand cards, they are branded but only seem to work for a year or so before causing issue.
Don't put the SD card in the sim slot and it wont be a problem.
Sorry couldn't resist.
On a more serious note I have never heard of that one before though I know on an earlier firmware my s3 would periodically through out the insert sim error. Never had an SD card in my s3 though, I just used the internal memory. So I doubt its related.
EDIT: I wonder if the error is similar to a failing hard drive in a PC. The delay in I/O causes the whole system to hang or at the very least makes all the healthy drives and occasionally network connectivity stall.
ZrByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 18:09   #454
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZrByte View Post
EDIT: I wonder if the error is similar to a failing hard drive in a PC. The delay in I/O causes the whole system to hang or at the very least makes all the healthy drives and occasionally network connectivity stall.
I've had a few failing SD cards in my Samsung phones and apart from the SD card itself unexpectedly disconnecting it has never affected other components or caused anything to hang or stall.
Old 04-12-2014, 19:34   #455
ZrByte
Inactive

ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to ZrByte

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
I've had a few failing SD cards in my Samsung phones and apart from the SD card itself unexpectedly disconnecting it has never affected other components or caused anything to hang or stall.
Me neither. Just thinking out loud
ZrByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2015, 11:32   #456
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Android Lollipop had been really slow and sluggish on my Nexus 10 tablet, i was thinking maybe the Nexus 10 isn't upto the job, it was starting to pee me off it was like a slow old computer!

Well after reading other peoples comments with the same problem i decided to do a clean install wiping the Nexus 10, and to my surprise it is now superfast, faster than it ever has been so well chuffed now!

So if you guys are finding your phones or tablets really slow then try a clean install from the setting menu!
Old 20-01-2015, 15:18   #457
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

Not entirely specific to Lollipop either, similar things occur with KitKat and Jellybean.
Old 21-01-2015, 11:34   #458
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I should have waited 24hrs before doing a clean install as i got offered the 5.02 update last night, luckily all appears to still be fast without any issues....for now.
Old 22-01-2015, 14:47   #459
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star
Picked up an extremely cheap, mint, note 3 open to all networks last night. Thinking about Cyanogenmod for it. Pleased with screen size and speed.
Good I hate Samsung bloat.
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 13:56   #460
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

Can anyone recommend a Startup blocker for Android?

There are things booting with android that are causing phone to lag such as facebook, twitter, tumblr etc and i wanna stop them booting on boot with O/S.

Thanks
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 18:47   #461
Matth
Inactive

Services: BB:M, TV:XL, Phone:M, Loyalty
Matth has reached the bronze age
Matth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze age

http://www.tested.com/tech/android/6...ks-on-android/
Looks like it can only be done properly with root, otherwise it appears the only way is "kill 'em as they start" which gains less.
Matth is offline   Reply With Quote