Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Consumer 4G launching October 2016

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Consumer 4G launching October 2016

Old 29-10-2016, 13:34   #46
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.
Re: Consumer 4G launching October 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
Do you know of sanctions or blocks should you tether or try to on plans that don't allow tethering?
No sorry not sure how they work it out other then by looking at large usage patterns.
Advertisement
Old 29-10-2016, 13:40   #47
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

The deal I was looking at was the £9 unlimited mins, texts 4GB data. its a 12 month contract. is there a period in which you can try before the 12 months kicks in?
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2016, 13:47   #48
richard1960

Quote:
The deal I was looking at was the £9 unlimited mins, texts 4GB data. its a 12 month contract. is there a period in which you can try before the 12 months kicks in?
Yes distance selling regulations is 14 days cooling off period, which you only get charged for the usage in that period, but beware do not buy in a 3 shop as distance selling regulations do not apply ! Only by phone or on the internet.
Old 29-10-2016, 14:36   #49
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

nice one thanks very much also again sorry for all the questions. How long do you have to port your number over?
Old 29-10-2016, 14:43   #50
richard1960

Quote:
nice one thanks very much also again sorry for all the questions. How long do you have to port your number over?
They gave me a month to port over mine is being ported Monday.
Old 29-10-2016, 14:46   #51
thenry
Inactive

I mean just say you had a Three sim for 2-3months and wanted to port a number over onto that sim can you still do that or do you have to port over soon as you get onto Three?

Last edited by thenry; 29-10-2016 at 14:53.
Old 29-10-2016, 15:05   #52
richard1960

Quote:
I mean just say you had a Three sim for 2-3months and wanted to port a number over onto that sim can you still do that or do you have to port over soon as you get onto Three?
You have about 28 days to port a number from the date the PAC is given to you.
Old 29-10-2016, 15:18   #53
thenry
Inactive

I know that. I just don't now whether you can port a number over anytime say your on a contract for many months and decide you want another number on said contract can you request PAC and port over without problems or do all port overs need to be done within the first month of your new contract?
Old 29-10-2016, 15:41   #54
richard1960

Quote:
I know that. I just don't now whether you can port a number over anytime say your on a contract for many months and decide you want another number on said contract can you request PAC and port over without problems or do all port overs need to be done within the first month of your new contract?
The answer is no all port overs need to be done within the month of the new contract starting.
Old 29-10-2016, 15:45   #55
thenry
Inactive

sweet thanks again for all your help. I really hope Three don't screw tethering.
Old 29-10-2016, 16:19   #56
richard1960

Quote:
sweet thanks again for all your help. I really hope Three don't screw tethering.
Thats ok glad to help.

It is rather sad though that Virgin Mobile the first to offer quad play and also selling the most up to date phones on its website ,is at the moment only able to offer outdated technology IE 3G not 4G to its customers, even Giff Gaff and ID mobile offer 4G now.

Last edited by richard1960; 29-10-2016 at 16:54.
Old 29-10-2016, 23:58   #57
thenry
Inactive

iD mobile are decent for service. cs is a bit iffy but online cs seems good. I don't really want to leave but the amount of minutes allowance is dire and add-on pricing is crap.
Old 30-10-2016, 07:42   #58
dave_dph
Inactive

dave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
The answer is no all port overs need to be done within the month of the new contract starting.
You can port in at any time, doesn't have to be within the first month.

https://goo.gl/PkRznT
dave_dph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2016, 08:28   #59
richard1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_dph View Post
You can port in at any time, doesn't have to be within the first month.

https://goo.gl/PkRznT
Yes you have to get a new Pac code though,i once lost a number i wanted to port because of that the original provider gave it out.! although that was a while back.
Old 30-10-2016, 11:48   #60
gus0898uk
cf.addict

gus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enough

October I was told, it is not today, so it must be tomorrow, always 'tomorrow'
gus0898uk is offline   Reply With Quote