Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 18-07-2016, 07:22   #5401
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

This has been my graph since the installation of 300Mb and Super Hub 3. Notice the slot between 10pm and 6.00am when all devices in the house, apart from the modem and Asus router, were off.

[img][/img]

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/4465813

Last edited by roughbeast; 18-07-2016 at 07:32.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-07-2016, 11:58   #5402
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Had a glitch yesterday. Although speedtests were fine I was having trouble streaming video from Livedrive through Kodi. (Slow buffering and freezing) You can also see drop outs on the graph. I rang CS. They quickly identified issues with power on some channels after remotely putting me back into router mode.

They made their adjustments and had the problem fixed within 10 minutes.

No problems now.

I wish these snapshot graphs really were snapshot graphs. They keep changing until the next midnight, often obliterating the issue being discussed.

Last edited by roughbeast; 24-07-2016 at 12:02.
Old 24-07-2016, 18:34   #5403
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
I wish these snapshot graphs really were snapshot graphs. They keep changing until the next midnight, often obliterating the issue being discussed.
Yes, I've noticed that. Perhaps if the fault period was likely to be scrolled off the screen, posting a screen-shot of the graph might be a better option?
Old 26-07-2016, 11:38   #5404
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Yes, I've noticed that. Perhaps if the fault period was likely to be scrolled off the screen, posting a screen-shot of the graph might be a better option?

I have no problems, but you have to use the URL for "Snapshot Graph" not the Live one.

My problem is still there after over a year. They keep opening it as a fault, then closing it again despite it still being there and graphs and logs being posted to a very long thread on the VM forums.

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 11:57   #5405
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
I have no problems, but you have to use the URL for "Snapshot Graph" not the Live one.
I'm pretty sure I do, anyway here's a new one using the snapshot code for the small graph, BB code on unsupported forums:

We'll see if it scrolls.
Old 26-07-2016, 12:11   #5406
Jon22
cf.addict

Jon22 is on a distinguished roadJon22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

My problem is still there after over a year. They keep opening it as a fault, then closing it again despite it still being there and graphs and logs being posted to a very long thread on the VM forums.

Been doing some decorating over the last week which has meant that the Superhub has had to be turned off and moved and then re-connected later in the day. Sometimes on startup, it would do the exact same thing of dropping the connection and then eventually stabilising, as shown on your graph.
Jon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 14:02   #5407
Taf
cf.mega poster

Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon22 View Post
Been doing some decorating over the last week which has meant that the Superhub has had to be turned off and moved and then re-connected later in the day. Sometimes on startup, it would do the exact same thing of dropping the connection and then eventually stabilising, as shown on your graph.
If you check the modem logs, you'll probably see lots of T4 errors. Mine is not alone to have this problem in this street and area, but they can't tie it down at all.

The fault gets passed up to "Networks" then responses stop.....

---------- Post added at 13:02 ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 ----------

This is a link to the image I posted in the VM forum

Does this one lock to the snapshot time?

Link to the fault thread http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...2917052#M47374
Old 26-07-2016, 14:23   #5408
Jon22
cf.addict

Quote:
If you check the modem logs, you'll probably see lots of T4 errors. Mine is not alone to have this problem in this street and area, but they can't tie it down at all.

The fault gets passed up to "Networks" then responses stop.....

---------- Post added at 13:02 ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 ----------

This one is from Saturday:

For me, its not much of an issue as the Superhub is rarely turned off. But I can see how it is annoying, as it renders the connection completely unusable while its happening. Will have a read of the thread later but could it be a bug between Superhub firmware and a particular brand/type of CMTS?
Old 26-07-2016, 14:28   #5409
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Quote:

Interesting. That one seems locked whereas the ones posted here are scrolling. Which option did you use Taf? I posted using the one at the bottom of the snapshot list for BB code.
Old 26-07-2016, 15:05   #5410
Taf
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Interesting. That one seems locked whereas the ones posted here are scrolling. Which option did you use Taf? I posted using the one at the bottom of the snapshot list for BB code.
I use the Snapshot Graph, Small Graph (500x219 px) - HTML Link, and only copy the bit that starts src= (removing the inverted commas)

i.e. http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/s...26-07-2016.png

---------- Post added at 14:05 ---------- Previous post was at 14:02 ----------

Quote:
Will have a read of the thread later but could it be a bug between Superhub firmware and a particular brand/type of CMTS?
Senior techs who have visited and tested (and swapped out almost everything) talked of "black porting"....
Old 26-07-2016, 15:37   #5411
Jon22
cf.addict

Quote:
Senior techs who have visited and tested (and swapped out almost everything) talked of "black porting"....
Black porting (and red porting)? Sorry, Google isn't showing much.
Old 26-07-2016, 15:40   #5412
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Quote:
I use the Snapshot Graph, Small Graph (500x219 px) - HTML Link, and only copy the bit that starts src= (removing the inverted commas)

i.e. http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/s...26-07-2016.png
They must have boobed with the BB code version somewhere, I pasted the whole thing in as I suspect others have. Thanks Taf.
Old 26-07-2016, 17:43   #5413
Taf
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Black porting (and red porting)? Sorry, Google isn't showing much.
No idea matey....
Old 30-07-2016, 05:57   #5414
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

What could be causing this regular drop out?

I am monitoring for any effects on service. None yet.

Old 30-07-2016, 10:26   #5415
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
What could be causing this regular drop out?

I am monitoring for any effects on service. None yet.

Virgin & Arris are still investigating this problem.
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote