Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 09-04-2012, 11:01   #4816
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Just repaired my Iiyama prolite 481s 19" LCD monitor.

A couple of capacitors in the power supply were bulging and low in value (~230uF vs marked value of 1000uF). You had to keep booting it to eventually get the backlight(s) to stay on. Didn't have exacly the right values (Actually used 680uF) but the replacements are premium types and seem OK.

30 mins work, mostly working out how to get it apart, to save the cost of a replacement. Result!
Thats excellent news heero.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:36   #4817
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Nikon View Post
Would that be the thicker heavier iPad3 with the worse battery life and poor quality upscaling of pre-rendered text onto it's retina display that comes complete with dodgy wifi connection and a 4G system that won't work in the UK even when we get LTE off the ground?
Except mine is WiFi, and I can get the full 10 hours that they quote, thats with playing games and streaming from Netflix, which looks great by the way
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:23   #4818
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Finally got the archimedes version of elite working - Right on commander!

http://www.frontierastro.co.uk/Elite/arc.html
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:26   #4819
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
Finally got the archimedes version of elite working - Right on commander!

http://www.frontierastro.co.uk/Elite/arc.html
Thats excellent news dilli.
Old 10-04-2012, 16:26   #4820
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I now have booked up 2 summer holidays, 1 with the girlfriend coming to England for 8 days and another to Orlando Florida for 2 weeks, in July and August!
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 16:32   #4821
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I now have booked up 2 summer holidays, 1 with the girlfriend coming to England for 8 days and another to Orlando Florida for 2 weeks, in July and August!
l hope you have a great time on your holidays Snoop and our family have a holiday in Watchet to look forward to in july as well.
Old 10-04-2012, 16:35   #4822
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l hope you have a great time on your holidays Snoop and our family have a holiday in Watchet to look forward to in july as well.
I hope you do too Denphone and the weather is perfect!
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 19:48   #4823
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

My first car was an MG Metro Turbo which is what I think was replaced by the Gti. Only 4 gears with a top speed of 93mph but oh hell it was fast getting there, I often beat motorbikes from traffic lights and I once beat an RS Turbo and Golf Gti 16v from a standing start to 50 mph

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 16:07   #4824
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Natalie is busy this weekend so I'm off down to see my sister in Chichester.

Nice but I don't relish the weekend away from the missus.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 16:22   #4825
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:

Just think of all the great memories you have had so far and just imagine all the great days and memories you have ahead of you as well dilli.
Old 13-04-2012, 16:43   #4826
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:

Ah Young Love. Just imagine the lovely romantic reunion when you get back. You, Natalie and your Air Cast. A trio made in Heaven.
Old 13-04-2012, 19:18   #4827
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Just finished a straight 5 hour wax-fest on the car ready for tomorrow's Pride of Longbridge rally. Not looking too shabby.
l hope things go well for you tomorrow heero.
Old 13-04-2012, 19:51   #4828
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Another jolly outing to North London tomorrow. Early to bed, early to rise.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 20:33   #4829
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Thanks, I'll post pix or links to pix when we're done. I'm Joining the SE convoy at J9 on the M25 around 7.15 tomorrow morning for the run up to Birmingham. Once we join up with others at Beakonsfield services on the M40 could be quite impressive.

The final single marque convoys leave Hopwood services around 10.00 for the run to Crofton park which is opposite the old Longbridge plant.
Ah we'll probably pass you in t'other direction on the way down to Wembley.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 23:09   #4830
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Hmmm.. Grand National Tomorrow
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote