Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Plane Spotters Corner

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Plane Spotters Corner

Old 29-07-2013, 00:36   #946
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Plane Spotters Corner

Sunderland air show is over for another year. I worked both days but luckily one of my shifts was in Sunderland and i managed to catch a EF typhoon practicing. Got a video but is a blip on the screen filled with a ridiculous noise
Old 11-08-2013, 17:29   #947
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

just got back from duxford so I may put some pictures up later. my highpoint was seeing the blackbird.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 20:32   #948
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

A couple of piccys from my trip, I've created an album of the day on my facebook if anyone else is that interested
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 16293_10151591328238173_363466233_n[1].jpg (46.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 1000931_10151591327658173_954996779_n[1].jpg (91.0 KB, 12 views)
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 20:56   #949
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Nice photos everyone.
Cobby, that A380 is impressive. Did you go through the tunnels and stand in between the two runways? Great spots down there.

Dilli....Nice pic of the Blackbird. I've been to Duxford a few times and everytime I've seen the Blackbird sitting there I've always wished to see it get out there and fire up those engines and take to the skies.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 00:24   #950
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Nice photos everyone.
Cobby, that A380 is impressive. Did you go through the tunnels and stand in between the two runways? Great spots down there.
No, they were taken from the pub garden by the runway. The wind was an easterly, unusually, so planes were taking off that way.
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 21:27   #951
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Ryanair: Secrets from the Cockpit on Channel 4

I am watching this at the moment and it just reinforces my belief that Ryanair is a company i will never use. I have always said they are dangerous.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 21:48   #952
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
A couple of piccys from my trip, I've created an album of the day on my facebook if anyone else is that interested
Nice pic of the Blackbird..... great to see one on the ground not dribbling fuel
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 23:18   #953
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Nice pic of the Blackbird..... great to see one on the ground not dribbling fuel
From what I was told you could stand waist deep in it fuel with a flame thrower and not set it on fire.

The hydraulic fluid is fun stuff as they drained it on landing to stop it solidifiying
Old 19-08-2013, 16:55   #954
Taf
cf.mega poster

Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Declassified U2 photos

http://www.flickr.com/photos/scopela...7623866832836/
Old 25-09-2013, 11:18   #955
hedgie
cf.geek

Services: Phone, 360 + two mini boxes, Hub 5.
hedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of light

Gotta hate codeshare flights, booked KLM to Beijing from Manchester via Schipol, out bound flight operated by China Southern, no seatback entertainmant, five? video screens for the entire economy cabin on an A330, no choice only dubbed Chinese films, shown three times !!

Flight back was a KLM 747, Might have been a Combi as there were only forty odd rows I think. Excellent at seat entertainment and in flight service, the way it should be...
hedgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:54   #956
Taf
cf.mega poster

Skiathos Island National Airport

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWetojC0ul0
Old 10-10-2013, 12:09   #957
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Broken toilets and anti-icing system affect JAL Dreamliners

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24471093

Not surprised they've gone with Airbus for their latest fleet order...
Old 10-10-2013, 15:30   #958
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

Spitfire MK 9 flew by yesterday.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2013, 13:24   #959
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

Just experiencing in flight wifi with Norwegian.

Flying from Budapest to Stockholm.

All carriers should offer this service.
Old 16-10-2013, 21:33   #960
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

8 foot panel falls off Dreamliner in mid flight:
Quote:
Boeing said the missing panel fell from the underside of the plane on the right side.
A photo shows a large opening with components and aircraft structure visible inside.
Boeing spokesman Doug Alder said: 'It was the mid-underwing-to-body fairing located on the belly of the airplane on the right side.
Link