Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Unlocking a Virgin V3i

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Unlocking a Virgin V3i

Old 25-04-2006, 17:08   #16
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Services: Canal Digital: 50/10
Druchii has a nice shiny star
Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star
Re: Unlocking a Virgin V3i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
Thansk for the help guys but as some of you guessed it was unlocked already. Talk about surprised. A V31 for 139.99 ready unlocked!!!! :shock: Saved me a trip into town.
Go to Tesco, £119, £10 to unlcok it (if it's not already done) and Voila
Druchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-04-2006, 23:36   #17
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druchii
Go to Tesco, £119, £10 to unlcok it (if it's not already done) and Voila

Thats the V3, mines the V3i

The clue was in the thread title!
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2006, 00:03   #18
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star

Ooooh, so it was :p
Old 27-04-2006, 18:57   #19
Lara Lover
Inactive

Lara Lover is an unknown quantity at this point

What's CPW?
Lara Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2006, 19:00   #20
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara Lover
What's CPW?
Carphone Warehouse
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 11:15   #21
mrchau
Inactive

mrchau is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey to all,

I just received the V3i from LxDirect and yes, it is locked! called Virgin, need to indeed spend the £30 on credit and they will then send me a letter, up to 7 working days. Went down to a shop in town, they need to send my phone away, total cost £15, apparently guaranteed to work... some people offer to unlock the phone on ebay uk for less than that, what's ur expert advices on that?

such a pain those locked phone, any advice? Someone mentioned unlocking at Tesco for £10, was that for the v3 or v3i and only with phone bought at Tesco itself?

Thanks for your help!

---------- Post added at 11:15 ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 ----------

Sorry, forgot to add that as I went to ask at another shop (i think phones4u) the salesman mentioned that unlocking it not via the network (virgin) basically renders my manufacturer warranty void...

Any thoughts?

thanks again
mrchau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 11:22   #22
King Of Fools
Inactive

Services: 2 for £22 (Broadband Size: M and Phone Size: M), Free TV Size: M and fries!
King Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful one

I would recommend unlocking it the official way via Virgin - remember you can still use the £30 credit to make phone calls, etc. so in effect the unlocking is "free"!
King Of Fools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 17:36   #23
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchau
Hey to all,

I just received the V3i from LxDirect
I was going to get it from them at £139.99 but couldn't relaly wait 3 weeks for delivery.

If I was you I'd wait for Virgin to send you the letter with the unlock code in, you got £25 free airtime with it so at least you've not needed to fork out too much to get the code from the right people.
Old 02-05-2006, 17:52   #24
mrchau
Inactive

mrchau is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Unlocking a Virgin V3i

Since i was hoping to resell or use the £20 voucher, i have decided to give a shot at a unlocking from ebay... just purchased it for £3, will let you know how it goes (if anyone interested) with the username of the seller if you need a similar service.

Hoping to do this tomorrow. System is supposed to be dowload a program, insert password, connect to computer with usb cable and follow instructions. Seller got v high ratings and is a mega super supra seller hehe.

mrchau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2006, 17:49   #25
Shaun
Inactive

Well my trusty V3i stopped working today. It's not done bad seeing as it spent 15 min at the bottom of the swimming pool on holiday and dried out.

The other half dropped it down stairs and it's never recovered.

I've looked and I can get a replacement from phone4u for £99.99

I'd like to upgrade it really if I can for the same money but I'm thinking I'll not get one with all the features it has for £99.99. Any recommendations guys?

Edit - the most important things for me are: mp3 player - large screen for reading the web - bluetooth

Edit #2 - the D600 looks good for £120 - any thoughts?
Old 16-12-2006, 17:53   #26
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Sounds like something a K750i could replace to be honest
Old 16-12-2006, 17:58   #27
Shaun
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druchii View Post
Sounds like something a K750i could replace to be honest
The last SE had (K700i) the jog button go funny (a common issue I believe) but Orange refused to fix it so I tend to steer clear of them now. Is the K750i any better?
Old 16-12-2006, 18:03   #28
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
The last SE had (K700i) the jog button go funny (a common issue I believe) but Orange refused to fix it so I tend to steer clear of them now. Is the K750i any better?
Jog button?

Everything still works fine with my K750i (It's about 6months old now, still young i know) it's had a lot of drops onto tiled floors etc and still keeps battling on

I'd recommend one As would a few other members here who have them.
The official CF phone: K750i?
Old 16-12-2006, 18:23   #29
Shaun
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druchii View Post
Jog button?
Joystick type thing
Old 16-12-2006, 18:30   #30
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Joystick type thing
Mine held up just fine, as did the one on my friends K750i and another friends W800i (Same hardware).