Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 19:51   #3286
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Surely mm never gets it wrong .
Well, the only decent channels worth having now are AMC and Sky Atlantic. If we get AMC, it will be under a deal in the 2019 negotiations with BT, and as for Sky Atlantic - well, I'll let Dave answer that one.

Any developments of note next year, if they happen, will relate to streaming services and UHD. I am not expecting any other major changes. I'm still optimistic about Amazon, that would be simply wonderful, and an indication that VM are firmly in tune with the future.
Advertisement
Old 09-11-2017, 19:53   #3287
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Yes, Freesports is the only channel that I've been told about (though there are those 16 services that jj20x found).

I wonder if the delay to adding Freesports is anything to do with this:
Could very well be Richard i don't think they'll stop being a sub channel though as they still have populkar sports such as Nascar and ice hockey i believe, what might happen though is they will become cheaper.

---------- Post added at 18:53 ---------- Previous post was at 18:52 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Well, the only decent channels worth having now are AMC and Sky Atlantic. If we get AMC, it will be under a deal in the 2019 negotiations with BT, and as for Sky Atlantic - well, I'll let Dave answer that one.

Any developments of note next year, if they happen, will relate to streaming services and UHD. I am not expecting any other major changes. I'm still optimistic about Amazon, that would be simply wonderful, and an indication that VM are firmly in tune with the future.
I'm quite excited about the news i got given today which i posted in the streaming thread, i do think that service would indeed be on the tivo platform too.
Old 09-11-2017, 19:54   #3288
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Could very well be Richard i don't think they'll stop being a sub channel though as they still have populkar sports such as Nascar and ice hockey i believe, what might happen though is they will become cheaper.

---------- Post added at 18:53 ---------- Previous post was at 18:52 ----------

I'm quite excited about the news i got given today which i posted in the streaming thread, i do think that service would indeed be on the tivo platform too.
That's put me in a good frame of mind for the evening!
Old 09-11-2017, 19:56   #3289
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
My word, Den - thanks for the commentary!

Where else would you go? As I've explained zillions of times, I don't want Sky, the others are inferior services and a move to streaming only is premature at this stage, given that we are in a transitional period.

However, the point I am making is that new channels have all but dried up and VM are on a go slow when it comes to new streaming services.
Vm seem to have accepted being behind sky and BT. Rather than new services to compete they’re happy with the lot they’ve got and can brag to shareholders of increasing profits mainly due to such massive price hikes constantly

Hope Liberty sell up. They’ve been awful owners so far
Old 09-11-2017, 20:01   #3290
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Vm seem to have accepted being behind sky and BT. Rather than new services to compete they’re happy with the lot they’ve got and can brag to shareholders of increasing profits mainly due to such massive price hikes constantly

Don't quite agree there, Vince. We are only down on two worthwhile channels (AMC and SA) and VM, in all likelihood, will step up our access to streaming services/apps which Sky don't have.

With the new UI just around the corner and more exclusive content promised, I think that VM are catching up fast now.
Old 09-11-2017, 20:19   #3291
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Yes, Freesports is the only channel that I've been told about (though there are those 16 services that jj20x found).

I wonder if the delay to adding Freesports is anything to do with this:
I was cancelling Premier Sports for a couple of months after the rugby league World Cup

If Premier Sports have lost NRL rights I will not need to re-subscribe.

The article only mentions streaming, nothing about being on scheduled channels,

Is there anyway to record streaming for viewing later (cannot watch when games are on live)?
Old 09-11-2017, 20:33   #3292
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
I was cancelling Premier Sports for a couple of months after the rugby league World Cup

Is there anyway to record streaming for viewing later (cannot watch when games are on live)?
No, but surely they have recent games on demand to watch?
Old 09-11-2017, 20:46   #3293
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
No, but surely they have recent games on demand to watch?

Sports get badly treated on I-player/catch-up facilities, I hope your assumption is correct but would far prefer to be able to record the stream in some way.

I wonder if I could utilise my hard disk on my DVD recorder having set the streaming up through virgin?

This would have the added benefit of being able to edit out pre-amble, half-time and summaries.
Old 09-11-2017, 22:34   #3294
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post

Quote:
"In 2018, that promise comes to life when Fox Sports delivers the world's first international NRL streaming service to feature every NRL game plus Fox League's famous entertainment shows – anywhere, anytime live and on demand."
It also says Fox sports will be handling the UK and USA broadcast rights which suggests it may still also be available on a Sports channel just no mention of who.
Old 09-11-2017, 23:48   #3295
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post

I'm quick to slate vm but i disagree with vm being behind yes they have less channels than SKY and bts AMC isn't nothing exciting, however vm have the most channels on their online tv service i can't remember what it's called and unlike SKY vm do not use the clunky outdated silverlight either.
Old 10-11-2017, 01:39   #3296
bluecandylover

Services: Virgin Media VIVID 200, XL TV, TiVo 1Tb, Sky+HD 2Tb, Box Set Bundle

I may be unpopular with this but I wish Virgin would launch The Vault for the 90s shows I grew up with, MTV Classics and Heart! I doubt it’ll ever happen though!! I also wish Virgin would give Chilled 90s, Now TV, and Aka proper channels rather than web streams!

Old 10-11-2017, 01:58   #3297
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecandylover View Post
I may be unpopular with this but I wish Virgin would launch The Vault for the 90s shows I grew up with, MTV Classics and Heart! I doubt it’ll ever happen though!! I also wish Virgin would give Chilled 90s, Now TV, and Aka proper channels rather than web streams!
you can watch them online for free on tvplayer
Old 10-11-2017, 08:40   #3298
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecandylover View Post
Why do you not like the web streams?
Old 10-11-2017, 13:27   #3299
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Good news for TV customers - ITV Encore is finally launching on Virgin TV.
The bad news is that the ITV Encore channel is closing down.
http://deadline.com/2017/11/itv-clos...ts-1202205559/
Old 10-11-2017, 13:54   #3300
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

So much for ITV's much heralded ITV Encore channel launch predicting it would rival Sky Atlantic.