Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 0845 and 08457 numbers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

0845 and 08457 numbers

Old 28-01-2014, 13:34   #16
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one
Re: 0845 and 08457 numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
I think it is terrible that doctors can do this. The old and the unemployed must be put off phoning this number to access medical treatment due to the financial imposition of calling expensive premium rate 0844 numbers to reach their GP.
The NHS has been actively discouraging practices from using these numbers for some time, so there shouldn't be many left now.

http://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/your-pra...002813.article
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-01-2014, 16:19   #17
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
I've just found out the offer includes 0808 numbers too.
Free calls to free numbers, great "offer"

In the meantime they're still free from real payphones too
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2014, 16:45   #18
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

03 numbers are appearing a lot now

Quote:
Calls to 03 numbers cost no more than a national rate call to an 01 or 02 number and must count towards any inclusive minutes in the same way as 01 and 02 calls.

These rules apply to calls from any type of line including mobile, BT, other fixed line or payphone

Revenue sharing – where the dialled party can receive a share of what the consumer pays to make a call – is also not allowed on calls to 03 numbers.
Taf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2014, 17:00   #19
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post

---------- Post added at 17:00 ---------- Previous post was at 16:50 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
The NHS has been actively discouraging practices from using these numbers for some time, so there shouldn't be many left now.

http://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/your-pra...002813.article
And yet the NHS encouraged it in the first place They are backtracking I think ... To late it should never have been allowed we are talking about the sick and vulnerable people "the old,young and sick" and yet who I see as the true sick ones are the people trying to make money out of the sick and needy all the doctors who used this number for their surgery should hang their heads in shame ...
Old 28-01-2014, 17:07   #20
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
It's better than an offer where 0800 and 0808 numbers aren't free.

Quote:
Have fun finding one in the rain when you could use a mobile indoors.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2014, 23:16   #21
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Well they're also free from every landline in the country as well...
Old 28-01-2014, 23:21   #22
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Yes they are, but I don't have one.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 29-01-2014, 18:00   #23
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

Nor do I, but you really shouldn't have to pay for the convenience of accessing something that should be free for free, particularly when you can already use your inclusive minutes to call them for "free" anyway.
Old 29-01-2014, 18:08   #24
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 29-01-2014, 18:49   #25
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

I prefer to show love to the players on the opposite team, the ones that provide free access to 0800 numbers from mobiles and still make a profit.
Old 31-01-2014, 11:47   #26
2old4this
cf.addict

2old4this is on a distinguished road2old4this is on a distinguished road

are 0871 numbers free from landline phones Thanks
2old4this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2014, 16:44   #27
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

35p per minute upward on a mobile, and between 6p up to 35p from a landline depending on who your provider is I am led to believe...
Old 31-01-2014, 17:17   #28
2old4this
cf.addict

2old4this is on a distinguished road2old4this is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
35p per minute upward on a mobile, and between 6p up to 35p from a landline depending on who your provider is I am led to believe...
my provider is VM is still 35p Thanks
2old4this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2014, 18:14   #29
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2old4this View Post
my provider is VM is still 35p Thanks
I use this website SAYNOTO0870.COM

Like I have said before this site lists many well known companies, and their equivalent geographical numbers, therefore not paying premium rates like 5p or more per minute. It also lets you type in the number and gives you the cheaper one ... I use this website all the time for these rip off numbers I refuse to line the pockets of the big companies further they make enough from us ...
Old 13-03-2014, 14:58   #30
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
I have a little piece of paper sent to me by VM over a year ago that says that I get £5 worth of FREE calls to 08 numbers each month as a freebie.

Is this general or is it only for me?
I have my hand a piece of paper (card actually) and have just been told by Virginmedia that they don't recognise this....

It dates back to Autumn 2011, I registered for it the day I received the offer.

Who should I talk to about this obvious U Turn, as I have now been billed for 0870 calls ( a single one in a month, so not in excess of their 250 minute limit).
Taf is online now   Reply With Quote